*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/474634-Whimsy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#474634 added December 12, 2006 at 11:34am
Restrictions: None
Whimsy
“What do you think of people praying for snow so Bismarck can break the snow angel record?” Diane asked. Five years ago, hundreds of people the day after Christmas all made snow angels at one time on the capital grounds, breaking the world record. Two years ago, Michigan broke the record. Bismarck wants to beat Michigan’s record, so many people are praying for snow.

My immediate response to Diane’s question was, “Why not?”

Why wouldn’t God answer a whimsical prayer? Humans love to have fun, otherwise life would be so dull, and not all that worth living. God gave us laughter along with our tears. Why would he not want to laugh with us, to have fun with us?

No prayer is every wasted. Sure we don’t always get the answer we want or expect, but God still asks us to bring everything to him in prayer. That includes the fun ones, I think. After all, God wants a relationship with us, and relationships entail us having fun together, not just weeping together.

Does that mean God will give Bismarck enough snow come the day after Christmas? Not necessarily. I hope so, because of the joy the event will bring to hundreds of people, even if they don’t break the record.

Who doesn’t have fun making snow angels, after all? We could always use a little fun and joy in our lives, and I imagine God doing what He can to help us experience more of both.

© Copyright 2006 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/474634-Whimsy