*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/475925-Matron-of-Honor-Speech
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by jenbme
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #1190961
This is an introduction of me to the writing world.
#475925 added December 18, 2006 at 5:29pm
Restrictions: None
Matron of Honor Speech
My sister is getting married December 29, and I am the Matron of Honor, which means I have to (surprise, surprise) write a speech. So, I was asking someone in my office for advice and she told me to write two speeches and choose the best parts from each one. So here are my Matron of Honor speeches:

Speech #1:

For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Jennifer and I am Cherise’s big sister. Growing up, we were like most sisters, enjoying time together at some moments and arguing at others. I remember both of us dreaming of our weddings when we were little, and using Barbie dolls to act them out. Of course, being a good big sister, I always made her be Ken, while I got to be Barbie. As we grew into our teenage years, it was clear that pretending was no longer enough. I was surprised when my little sister was the first one to have a boyfriend and the first one to be kissed. That was one of the ways that we were not typical sisters. Even though I’m the “big sister,” I was the one looking to her for advice on boys. Even now, I admire her for her wise choice of a husband. I found a couple of verses that say what I wish for her, and for Jason, for the future. The first one is just for her. It is Song of Solomon 2:4- He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love [for love waved as a protecting and comforting banner over my head when I was near him]. The second is for both of them, and it is just a reminder of how precious love is. Song of Solomon 8:7- Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. If a man would offer all the goods of his house for love, he would be utterly scorned and despised. May the two of you always follow the path of God’s will and the path your own hearts, and may those two paths always be intertwined.


Speech #2:

Today is a day of beginnings, of love, and of thankfulness. I am Cherise’s big sister Jennifer, and I was given the joy of being the Matron of Honor for the day. It has been such a beautiful thing to watch Cherise and Jason grow closer as a couple! When Cherise talks about Jason, she reminds me of the bride in Song of Solomon 2:16, who said, “My beloved is mine and I am his!” Jason, too, reminds me of scripture in how he looks to Cherise as his match. Genesis 2:18 says, “Now the Lord God said, ‘It is not good (sufficient, satisfactory) that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper meet (suitable, adapted, complementary) for him.’” I am happy for both of them! I hope that you both will always seek God’s will in your life together, and that your future together holds joy and gladness!


Jen I Am Jen Be Me And No Other One Is Jen

© Copyright 2006 jenbme (UN: cukiemomster at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
jenbme has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/475925-Matron-of-Honor-Speech