*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/475987
Rated: 13+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #1161514
loving a vampire can pose problems.
#475987 added December 27, 2006 at 6:18pm
Restrictions: None
Valentine's Day 'H-E-double hocky sticks'(7)
Time seemed to just fly by and before anyone knew it, it was already two days before Valentine's."Jeez January just seemed to disappear like a puff of smoke on a windy day."Adlin said after sitting down at the breakfast table, picking up the news paper, and looking at the date. "What a poetic way to word it Adlin."said Asher sitting next to her grabbing the entertainment section."Why thank you I do have my moments don't I"She answered smiling then looking back to the front page. All was quiet until Asher burst out laughing and said,"You have to read this!" Adlin took the paper from him and looked down at what he was pointing at then she started laughing too."What's so funny guys?"Asked Luca as he walked into the kitchen with wet hair and Aden following close behind. They handed them the paper and Luca started laughing too and Aden just grinned reluctantly."Alright now I'm really curious to what you all are laughing at."Trinity said grabbing the paper from Luca and looking down the movie listings still confused to why they were laughing."Down at the bottom, the last one."Said Asher in between their hysterical laughing. She went down to the bottom of the list to see a movie called "Bad Blood: A Vampire's Diary" her jaw dropped at the shock. That can't be right! She told herself, they promised to notify me if they ever decided to do anything more with my book! Luckily none of the others had noticed her shock, but she couldn't help herself and said,"...Well I want to go see it. The review says it's good and I read the book a long time ago and liked it. Will you take me to go see it this weekend Luca? I'm not allowed to go anywhere by myself anymore."The laughter died down to chuckles and the Adlin said,"I'm curious, if you already read the book why go see the movie? I mean it's still going to be the same story." Trinity answered,"Because I want to see everything played out. I want to see how the director portrayed the characters and the whole story." The reason she really wanted to go was to see how some Hollywood director butchered her story."I don't think any movies or books have ever been able to portray the vampires correctly. But if you really want to go and see it I guess I'll take you."Luca said running his hand through his wet hair which was covering half his face. "I promise you'll like it, even if it isn't accurate."She said smiling. "If you say so; I guess we can go this Saturday."He said still doubtful about the movie. When she agreed there was a little bit of snickering from Asher, Adlin, Eilian, and even Aden was laughing too, and he never laughs. Trinity thought for a moment, there was usually something she or Luca said or did that made them laugh like that. They always made fun of them because of the way they acted, which was like a dating couple, but they weren't, at least she didn't think they were. They didn't discuss things of that manner. Finally Trinity couldn't think of anything and asked,"Alright I give up. What's so funny?" They just seemed to laugh a little more then Asher said, "Well you two deny being a couple, but now your making plans to go see a movie on Valentine's Day we just wish you guys would make up your mind on whether or not your dating. Your killing us with anticipation on when you'll give up the charade and admit your dating." A deep red blush spread across Trinity's face and probably Luca's too but you couldn't have seen it under the hair that he let fall back on to his face. "We're just seeing a movie, two friends can go see a movie together can't they? It's not like we meant to choose Valentine's Day, it just so happens to be the closest Saturday. That's all."Trinity said looking down to avoid their gaze. "Besides what if we were dating? What difference would it make to you guys?"Luca said still hiding behind his hair. The others stifled their laughter and then Eilian this time said,"It wouldn't make any difference to us. Well other than the pool we've got going on when you two will just come out and say it." He laughed as Trinity face turned an even darker red and she began to frown a little at the fact they had a bet going."Humph, fine then, we are dating so who won?" Luca said avoiding Trinity's shocked gaze at his sudden announcement. Then Asher, Adlin, and Eilian started pulling out their wallets handing Aden large amounts of money. Now Luca was laughing and Trinity couldn't help herself either and was laughing too."Well you always did know me best... which is why I'm only going to take half." said Luca as he grabbed the wad of cash and divided it into two equal halves. Now everyone was laughing and the others didn't even notice when Luca and Trinity left the room.
They walked up stairs and instead of up to the attic or Trinity's room like they normally did when they talked they turned into Luca's room. Suddenly Trinity stopped at the door as all those talks from her parents came flooding back. About how she was never allowed into a guy's room unless an adult was with her or very close to the room. She shook off the thoughts, she knew she could trust Luca to be a perfect gentlemen... at least he was before he decided they were dating. Well the others were right down stairs so it's not like he could do anything even if he wanted to. She stepped into his room and was shocked to see the walls covered in posters of bands and art only a goth would like, not that he was. The bed was big like hers, but it didn't have the four wooden post and canopy. It had a silver metal head and foot board with a black comforter. The room in no way shape form resembled any of the other rooms in the rest of the house, his was unique. She really liked it. He sat down on the edge of the bed and she on the desk chair. They sat there for a moment in the quiet while he watched her look around and admire the room. Finally Trinity was the first to speak much to the relief of Luca who seemed to be struggling with what he want to say."I really like your room. It's so different from the rest of the house. I've never herd of a lot of these bands are they new?" She pointed to a few of the ones she was referring to."No, some are really old and the others are bands in Europe."He answered. She nodded as it made quite a bit of sense that he would have the older band posters and even the European ones. There was another silence that followed but didn't last very long this time because Luca finally sorted his words and said,"I'm sorry that I just kind of made that decision for the both of us with out asking you first."He couldn't meet her gaze but could see her smile as she asked,"Which decision? The one about the movie?" She knew full well which one he was talking about, but she wanted to hear him say it again. "... the one about us dating. I shouldn't have just made that kind of decision with out asking you first."He said looking up to see her smile, that was his favorite thing about her, her smile, he couldn't help but smile too. "Ah yes, that decision. Well it's not that big of a deal. I mean they had a point, all we had to do was come out and say it, because I think we kind of crossed the 'friend' line when we started kissing."She said with a laugh. "Yeah I guess we did, didn't we. So I guess that means I have to add dinner to our Saturday agenda now."He said laughing lightly now too. It felt as if the moment of them both laughing and being together could just go on for ever.
Two days later Adlin and Trinity were fluttering around the house again like they had before for Trinity's first date. Now everything felt right since she was going with the right person this time. She and Adlin had taken a special shopping trip to the mall, which was half an hour away, just to find her the most perfect outfit. They came back with a black mini dress that hung off the shoulders so that it showed off her pale white china doll skin. The rest of the outfit she was borrowing from Adlin. By the time that the two of them had gotten Trinity completely ready she looked great. Her black mini dress seemed to look even better when she put on the black and red plaid hose and the black combat boots. They even went as far as dying Trinity's pink highlights red so that they would match the rest of the outfit. Then they finished off the whole look with a medium red lipstick and dark eye shadow. When the two walked down stairs all jaws dropped, none had been prepared for how drop dead gorgeous Adlin had made Trinity look. Trinity was already a fairly good looking young woman, but Adlin just had this talent of brining out the best look for people. "Well don't you look nice tonight Trinity." Asher smiling at his sister's good job."Thanks Asher; are you ready to go Luca?"She said beginning to blush from all of them starring at her. She didn't mind attention some times but this was not one of the times she wanted it."Uh... yeah, I'm ready."He said still starring at her. He was finding it very difficult to talk when he looked at her."Jeez Luca cut it out with all the compliments already you two will be late for your dinner and movie."Adlin said jokingly as she ushered the two out the door."Have fun and be safe!" Adlin called from the porch as they got into Luca's dark blue Porsche and drove away.
After they drove down the drive way and down the street Luca finally said,"You do look very nice tonight." She smiled at his compliment and thanked him. Dinner didn't last very long since Trinity was the only one eating. He took her to a semi-casual restaurant although people still stared at the them,probably because they were both wearing black from head to toe and everyone else was wearing pastels and jeans. Their starring didn't ruin their good time though. They talked about music, school, home, and family. Though strangely Trinity was really the only one to really talk about her family, Luca was really quite when it came up. While they were waiting for the check Luca asked,"Why is it really that you want to see this movie? Now that you know about the real thing why go see something that's fake?" She sat there for a moment wondering if she really wanted to tell him that she had written it a couple of years ago, and wanted to see it in movie form. She decided to put it off,"I'll tell you later. I'm going to freshen up and then we can go." Before he could protest she slid out of the chair and hurried to the bathroom. She really didn't need to re-apply any of her make up they had only been there a little over half an hour because she had been the only one to eat. She waited an appropriate amount of time then walked back out and as she was making her way through the restaurant she could have sworn she had passed a table with two men that looked like Alexander and Samuel. But that didn't make any sense. Why would they be here? They wouldn't follow her and Luca would they? I was just imagining things, she told herself. She reached the table and Luca was waiting for her coats in hand and they left, much to the pleasure of the overly peppy employees who had receiving complaints during the couples' dinner. Trinity saw no real reason to worry Luca with what she 'thought' she saw so she kept it to herself.
They arrived at the theater just in time and to Trinity's joy her movie was sold out thanks to the their purchase of their two tickets.They sat on the top row back in the corner snuggled together. Much to Luca's surprise he really enjoyed the movie, at least the parts he saw when he and Trinity hadn't been making out. Trinity was also very happy with the movie who ever had help interpret the book had done a good job and so many people like it made her so happy and gave her a sense of accomplishment. Toward the end though she felt that she probably needed to go and fix her make up before the movie ended and there was a mad dash to the bathrooms. She quietly whispered to Luca what she was going to do and tip toed down the stairs and out into the deserted hall way. Apparently there were only two movies left playing and there wasn't a staff person in sight. It was a little creepy and made Trinity almost turn around and go back into the movie and just ignore her vanity, but her wish to look nice for Luca over ruled her fear and she continued on to the bathroom in the middle of the hall. She went to the bathroom and fixed her hair and make-up. Then as she was walking out, there at the end of the hallway and both the still playing movies entrances were Alexander and Samuel. She hadn't imagined them at the restaurant, they had followed her and Luca on their date. Suddenly her anger switched to fear. She was alone, even if she screamed and ran they would still be more than able to catch her. She quickly turned back around and went to the farthest possible point away from the bathroom door. It was a big bathroom they wouldn't be able to hear her, she just had to wait for the end of the movie then Luca would scare them away. At least that's what she kept telling herself. A minute passed, then two, then five, then foot steps. Followed by another set of foot steps, this person had steel toed boots and the both sets of foot steps were far to heavy to be a womans, no matter her size. These were Alexander's and Samuel's foot steps. Her heart began to race with fear. She felt like a small animal being hunted by a pair of predators who would tear her apart. The foot steps were coming closer and grew more confident as they drew near their goal. Her lungs began to burn and she let out the breath she didn't realize she had been holding. She could see the two pairs of boots in front of the bathroom stall she was hiding in. She was too scared to move but somehow she quickly crawled under the wall that separated each stall. She stood up and pushed the door open and felt it hit something really hard but that didn't stop her. She ran down the length of the bathroom and had reached the door and got it open and was almost out when a strong arm looped around her waist and pulled her back in. He had one of her arms pinned behind her back and the other firmly pressed against her side. She didn't know who was holding her but she had a horrible feeling she was going to die. "So nice to see you again Miss Trinity. I so hope your evening is going well."Said the man who was holding her. It must have been Samuel because she had never heard this voice before. She was trembling with fear and her heart was beating so fast she thought it would explode. "Oh come now Miss Trinity there is no reason to be scared we aren't going to kill you."He said,"At least not tonight."He gave out a small cruel sounding laugh. Alexander walked up then and smiled a haunting smile. He looked behind her then and nodded to Samuel who was behind her. Her heart was beating so fast she was beginning to faint. She knew what was going to happen next, Samuel was going to bite her and drain her with in an inch of her life, that is if he kept his promise and didn't kill her. She looked around for anything she could use to let her escape, but saw nothing. She wished she had her bible or rosary, Adlin had told her they would keep her safe after the whole incident with CC. Because she was so scared, out of habit, she began whispering her prayers she had been taught through out the years. She felt Samuel body grow very still and when she looked up to meet Alexander's gaze she saw that he was very unhappy about her little chantings. She was the one who smiled this time and began to recite them a little louder. He bared his fangs at her and she stopped for a second and continued. "Alright you little brat be that way, it won't stop us."Alexander said his red eyes glaring at her. She was scared to death that they were going to kill her now. Pissing off a couple of vampires was the dumbest thing she had ever done on purpose, and now she was going to die because of it. She could feel Samuel's head lean over neck and pearl white teeth graze the top of her skin as if to tease her, making this awful moment drag on forever. She looked up at the ceiling waiting for bite that could kill her. She looked down to Alexander again and saw his gleaming evil grin then felt a piercing pain shoot through her neck. She could feel the blood and life rushing out of her as darkness closed in around her. She gladly embraced it wishing to escape the agonizing pain that had spread from her neck through her entire body. She didn't know if she would wake up from her sleep but she was willing to chance it just to get away from the pain.
Luca sat on the top row beginning to worry because the movie was almost completely over and Trinity still hadn't come back. He knew girls took forever when it came to fixing their make-up but she was taking too long. He couldn't wait any longer he was going to go check on her. He had felt as if they had been followed all evening but couldn't find the two whom he knew would be following. Alexander made a vow to kill her, whether he came out and actually said it or not. This worried him even more. He walked quickly down the stairs and out into the hallway. He was over whelmed by the stench of blood. He panicked and full out ran to the source of the smell. He stopped out side the women's restroom and whispered Trinity's name. There was no response. He stepped into the large bathroom and there by the sinks was Trinity, lying awkwardly pale as a ghost on the tile flooring. He ran to her side picking her up and listening for a heart beat. It was faint, but there was one. He looked around listening for any signs of Alexander or Samuel, but found nothing they were long gone. He stood up cradling Trinity in his arms and ran out of the building at the fastest speed he could possibly go. He didn't even bother with the car. It would only slow him down with traffic and cops. He had to get her home to Asher and Eilian. They had gone through med school a few times and they would know what to do.
Trinity felt the cold air wiping at her face and then remembered what had happened. She began to struggle against what ever it was that was holding her. She just felt the arms hold her even tighter. She opened her eyes to see what had her in its grasp; she was relived to see that it was Luca. She tried to talk but found her self very tired and she really wanted to go back to sleep."Don't go back to sleep Trinity. If you do you might not wake back up."Luca said eyes still focused on the path ahead. She nodded her head slowly but surely. She knew she had to do something to keep her awake but she couldn't think clearly enough to think of something. She decided it might just be best to force herself to talk."What did you think of the end of the movie?"She asked horsely."I didn't stay for the end I got worried and came to look for you. What happens at the end a 'happily ever after'?"He said still not looking at her and clearly not happy at how bad she sounded."Nope the girl dies, and her vampire prince finishes his last diary entry and kills himself with dawn's first light."She said matter-o-factly."What kind of way is that to end a story?"Luca asked appalled at the sudden plot twist."It's life. People live, love, and die; that includes everyone even the things that are suppose to live forever, the things people think are evil. They all are slaves to these three things. That's what I wanted to be taken from this story." Trinity said swaying in and out of consciousness.He now looked down at her and said,"You wrote that?"She smiled her eyes closed,"Did I forget to mention that? Oh well it's known now. Actually I hadn't even planned on telling anyone. My parents don't even know I wrote that. I had no idea they were planning a movie, it really threw me for a loop."She said acting as if this was a normal occurrence. He laughed a little despite how worried he was and said,"Well this would explain why you wanted to go see it... Listen I'm sorry. I should have never let you go anywhere alone tonight. I had felt as if we were being followed all night, but ignored it because of what eyes didn't see. It's my fault this happened."She opened her eyes again and looked up at him,"It was not your fault. Please don't blame yourself.I thought I had seen them at the restaurant but I didn't say anything because I wasn't sure because when I looked back they weren't there. So this wasn't your fault it was mine, and I paid the price for the stupid mistake."He hugged her closer to him,"You never deserved this."He whispered.
© Copyright 2006 Nani-kun (UN: pandy123 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Nani-kun has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/475987