*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/477723
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #1062373
NO more humor... just more tragic, sad, sick, twisted goings ons - Sorry
#477723 added December 29, 2006 at 6:12pm
Restrictions: None
Executing Saddam
As dictators go Saddam hasn’t ever made the Top 10 list of murderous, evil despots:

Tamerlane
Ivan the Terrible
Robespierre
Joseph Stalin
Adolph Hitler
Mao Zedong
Francois Duyalier
Nicolae Ceausescu
Idi Amin
Pol Pot

Source: http://www.infoplease.com/spot/topdespots1.html

Saddam Hussein was never really a threat to the United States or any other country. Hussein was more of a loud-mouth nuisance than a threat.

I don’t believe executing Saddam Hussein is going to do anybody any good, especially American soldiers serving in Iraq.

Life in Iraq appears cheap and unappreciated, and that’s not America’s fault.

It just appears to me that these Middle-Eastern people lust for blood. Every day the American media reports how the streets of Iraq are more of a killing ground for those who murder at will – each other as well as American soldiers – and they live without any fear of being prosecuted for killing.

Personally, I think executing Saddam Hussein will prove to be another huge mistake. Life in prison is certainly not a party.

There are certainly those who would argue that Saddam was convicted and sentenced in an Iraqi court under Iraqi law… but I say as long as the government of Iraq is seen as a puppet government instilled, installed, protected, financed, and funded by America – it is America that will be blamed for whatever the outcome is of the execution of Saddam Hussein.

I’m against the execution of Saddam Hussein.

THE FOLLOWING IS NOT A VALID REASON FOR SADDAM's EXECUTION:

A personal note on the execution of Saddam Hussein Posted: Friday, December 29, 2006 3:31 PM by Jen Brown

By Lt. Colonel Rick Francona

Saddam Hussein’s rule affected virtually everyone in Iraq. Everyone has a story. Here’s mine:

In 1995 and 1996, I was involved in the CIA’s covert operations to overthrow Saddam Hussein, operating from several Middle East countries bordering Iraq, as well as inside the Kurdish-controlled area of Iraq itself. One of these operations was to support of the Iraq National Accord (INA) under Dr. Iyad Alawi. One of Alawi’s key colleagues was a retired Iraqi military officer, General Muhammad Abdullah Al-Shahwani. Al-Shawani had relocated outside Iraq, but his three sons were serving in the Iraqi Army Republican Guard.

General Al-Shahwani was in contact with his sons and others in the Iraqi military; together they planned a coup to overthrow Saddam Hussein. By mid-1996, we believed that a coup had a chance of success. We began the infiltration of Iraqi agents we had recruited and trained to support the coup attempt.

Unfortunately, one of the agents was detected inside Iraq. Under severe interrogation, he revealed what information he knew and the whole operation was compromised. Iraqi security officials arrested virtually everyone involved in the coup attempt; most were executed.

As part of the team working directly with Al-Shahwani, I spent a lot of time at his home. I was with the general and his wife when word came that their three sons had been arrested. I was with them when one of their sons was allowed to make a phone call to his mother just prior to his execution.

I told Mrs. Al-Shahwani that someday Saddam would pay for his crimes. Finally, that day is here.

Link: http://hardblogger.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2006/12/29/23662.aspx

And what would an American President have done to traitors who were attempting to overthrow the American Government? The people involved would have certainly been branded traitors, and if they didn't get the death penalty they'd have certainly been sentenced to LIFE in prison.

The above is actual proof that America is and has been involved in trying to overthrow the government of a foreign country. Hmmmmmmmmm, are we the pot calling the kettle black? Would seem so, don't you think?

And I copied and pasted the whole above article because I figure somebody is gonna tell somebody else that this is evidence of America violating some United Nations restriction on messing in other countries political affairs.

Yep, the pot calling the kettle black. The above is an admission by a Lt. Colonel of America's involvement in covert operations to overthrow Saddam Hussein. I can't help but wonder how much American tax dollars were spent trying to overthrow Saddam before Bush came up with his war on terror? Don't forget, we now know that Iraq and Saddam had absolutely nothing to do with 9/11...





© Copyright 2006 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/477723