*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/478091-Ringing-Out-the-Old-Again
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#478091 added March 15, 2013 at 5:32am
Restrictions: None
Ringing Out the Old Again
Just out of interest I checked back to read the entry I made in my blog last December 31st. Nothing profound as usual, a predictable list of five and the common theme of reflection. I quote part of the last paragraph for a simple reason -

' May the new year be a good one for us all. This last one has had its trials and tribulations but the one thing that stands out to me is the friendship, warmth and WUB brought about by the introduction of these blogs. I look forward to reading your thoughts and comments over the next year, God willing, and I thank you all for the support and encouragement given.

I find it heartwarming and comforting to discover the eight members who commented on that entry are still around and on the whole are offering the same WUB and support in bucketloads. I was honoured to find it was ccstring (sans Advillicuss, jabby thing and Puggle) who left the first comment. A whole year on and this same group of friends are still encouraging and holding each other up, as well as adding many more to our 'family.' What greater gift could there be?

It will be a very quiet evening here and I make no apologies for feeling rather apprehensive about the next year. Again, all I ask is to be allowed to live it and the ability to cope with whatever each day brings. There is little point anticipating further than that. But I did like this message sent to me by a friend so will end 2006 with these words.

' If you started 2006 with optimism
And ended it a little disappointed
Feeling all alone in the world
If you have a couple of extra wrinkles
And have added a few more pounds
If during the year you forgot more than one important commitment
Not to mention differences of opinion
And more than one goal remained out of reach
If 2006 wasn't as great as it could have been
Celebrate its passing in the best possible way.
With hugs
With kisses
And lots of humour.


Hugs and *Kiss*es to each and every one of you. I WUB you all and I KNOW, no matter what happens as the year unfolds your humour and kindness will always be here.

I might just be persuaded to have one teeny glass later *Wink* to wish you all prosperity, health and happiness.

© Copyright 2013 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/478091-Ringing-Out-the-Old-Again