*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/478473-Organize-to-Rebel
by Joy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #932976
Impromptu writing, whatever comes...on writing or whatever the question of the day is.
#478473 added January 2, 2007 at 10:51am
Restrictions: None
Organize to Rebel
Everyday I see an organization on the internet I have never heard of before. I guess one thing the net is good for is synchronized coordination by any group of people pushing their agendas through self-righteous, forceful organizations. Each group and each organization wants to re-orient everyone else's world view, priorities, way of being, and personal values.

These new kind of brainwashing tactics make me chuckle. What happened to "do unto others" and showing respect for different ideas and stances?

Today's organization I discovered is SAW (Street Art Workers). Actually, I checked them out with a feeling of joy because I saw the word art, and as I love all arts, I thought I would be viewing something special.

This is something special all right. At the first view, their angle seems honorable since they tackle issues of ecology and poverty in big cities and a few countries around the world.

They also distribute posters so people hang these posters in big cities. Rather than try to explain what the posters are about, I am going to quote this:
"Along with a strong critique of imperialism, the posters show how communities throughout the world are resisting corporate power for a more just and sustainable world."

In other words, they want to break down the business world, so everyone in the world is poor and there is no hope for anyone.

What a coincidence that this group is somehow linked with the Free World Alliance, United Liberation Front etc. Hmmm... United Liberation Front...Patty Hearst...Who'd have thunk!

Then comes a pledge: " Allegiance is Pledged to the Universal Life Force, the Omni-Dimensional Continuum of Being, and the Creative Organizational Intelligence through which ALL is Created. In order to form a more perfectly Integrated Union of Mind, Body, and Soul; an Interwoven Tapestry of Brilliance."
And…
" Rise like Lions after slumber
In unvanquishable number – -
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you – -
Ye are many – they are few."

Now, why do those fancy and sparkling words remind me of Hitler?

Then, I wonder how many gallons of water is needed to wash one brain. *Wink*


© Copyright 2007 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/478473-Organize-to-Rebel