*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/478584-Working-Late
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#478584 added January 2, 2007 at 7:13pm
Restrictions: None
Working Late
First working day of the New Year, and I'm working late. Why? Because we have work, which is a good thing, but also because I seem to have too many distractions during the working day to actually get any work done. For example, today we talked about how to get a couple of projects started; my partner and I talked about how to handle taxes and the accountant; I made some phone calls trying to get more work; I took a longer lunch than usual because I'd agreed to do the Action/Adventure newsletter this week (my first newsletter *Bigsmile*); we figured out a tentative schedule for getting things done this month; I wrestled with the fax machine, only to discover that the problem wasn't the fax machine but the expensive, fancy phone system, leading to me wrestling with the expensive, fancy phone system... you get the idea.

I don't mind working late occasionally, now that I'm not working for someone else. But the first day of the year? On a day where I should be totally geeking out by playing Dungeons and Dragons? Oh well... I had last week off.

Now, today I signed up for a two-month-long, weekly fiction writing workshop offered by UVA Continuing Education. Bloody thing costs more than a year's Premium membership here at writing.com. It promises "a combination of brief lectures, in-class writing exercises, discussion and workshopping," as well as other things to improve writing, reading and editing skills.

Sounds like last year's Convention, only without the zombies.

© Copyright 2007 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/478584-Working-Late