*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/480103-Monday-Beginning
Rated: 13+ · Book · News · #1171286
Thoughts between gasps for fresh inspiration. . .
#480103 added January 9, 2007 at 1:36am
Restrictions: None
Monday Beginning
Since this is the first Monday of a new year, it seems like a good opportunity to start a new routine, or work something positive into my schedule. Of course, at this point I may be making a list to start next week instead of doing it this week. Writing that last paper set off a major change in my sleeping habits. I think I'm up 18 hours, then down for 10 or 12. When I'm down, I'm dead to the world. I slept thru the critters dinner time one evening. I'm really surprised one of the six of them didn't wake me up. They've all got a little fat on their muscles, so I only feel a little guilty. I needed to get my nap out.

Taking Mom to the neurosurgeon tomorrow afternoon. What's giving her so much aggrevation is the bottom of her spine deteriorating, cracking, resting on nerve paths, causing pain and problems walking. Her heart doc said she couldn't have any more surgeries because of her congestive heart failure. Her disposition isn't cheery as of old. She keeps telling me that her body is worn out, and she's ready for God to take her.

I know she feels bad, because I'm having similar back problems. My treatment is helping me, and I'm grateful for that. I spent too many hours straight sitting at the computer when I was writing those three papers. My lower back is worse than my neck. It gets to the point I have to lay down. Nobody should sit at a computer that long anyhow.

I didn't write down any resolutions yet, but I know I want to work on keeping the kitchen more picked up, and stay on top of paying the bills, and do something active more regularly. Basically, I can cross somking off the list. I'm a quit person. I CAN do without them. And me and my house and car smells better, and I don't have to fret about keeping a pack around. On the 1st an additional state tax went into effect in Texas, and I saw somebody buy a pack for $5.84. That's quite a financail deficit to start every day with. Plus, I can tell I'm breathing better. I've slipped and bought a pack a few times in the past year, but I've gone back to not smoking each time. It's a hard habit to break. I can't say I'll never smoke again, but I'm not smoking right now, and that's close enough.

I feel like I'm still catching up with myself. I woke up about 4:00 this afternoon, so I probably won't sleep tonight. I like the hours between 1 and 5. Sometimes I walk to the 24-hour CVS Pharmacy that's about three clocks away. The night is so dark and still, so different from all the cars and people passing down the street during the day.

The local news said the last 4 tennants are being evicted where President George Dubya is expected to build his Presidential Library. The site is only 2 - 3 miles from my house. I should get a record of the construction with my new digital camera I don't know how to use yet.

I'm almost getting spring fever. I'm ready to spend time outdoors gardening, being in the sunshine, enjoyng growing flowers... We're due another cold front to bring our temps down to freezing for a few days, starting next weekend. That means I have three days to dig in the cold mud. Actually, I do HAVE to carry all the pot plants back inside. Maybe I can find a little red wagon. It's hard on the back, plus the dogs "help." Perhaps I 'll go scribble my "to do" list. I have a poster size write on calendar too, and need to put that up....
© Copyright 2007 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/480103-Monday-Beginning