*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/480599-Its-a-New-Year-at-WDC
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #1188034
Blog on writing; Poetry and short stories - comments, critiques et al.
#480599 added January 11, 2007 at 8:31am
Restrictions: None
It's a New Year at WDC
Well, it looks like everyone survived and made it through to the New Year...2007.

I'll be trying to get a little more interest and activity on this "blog" this year. If anyone has some suggestions as to how to increase traffic here, I would certainly appreciate hearing them....I have already gotten a few ideas here and there which, hopefully will make this blog a bit more interesting.

I work in municipal government (Massachusetts...I'd try and keep it "low key" but any of you who've read my "250 things about me" in my portfolio, know (along with 249 other useless pieces of information about me) that I'm a police chief...hope that doesn't scare anyone away...I'm just a regular guy...I am available to answer any of those "sensitive" law enforcement questions that anyone may have....lol...just think of me as a kind of a "dear Abby"....LOL.
It has been really crazy at work for the last couple of weeks....budget time and just spending all day "crunching numbers"...
Still doing the "count down" to retirement....just three years, one month, fourteen days, 8 hours and 23 minutes...but, hey, who's counting...lol.

I joined the poetry league group here at WDC...each week we are paired up against another poet in a "battle"...we are assigned a random topic each week (on Thursdays) and a finished poem (any type or style you desire) is due by Sunday evening...I believe we now have 12 members (anyone can join) so there are 6 battles each week. Anyone at WDC can vote on the six poems in each of the battles, but are asked to provide a "review" and reason why a certain poem was chosen over the other, as well as to help out the author/poet like all the reviews here at WDC. It's been a lot of fun so far (we are in our second week)...stop by and check out the weekly "battles" if you get a chance.

Soon as some of my workload subsides, I do want to try and learn a little more about this site...all the available tools, etc...I'd like to get a bit more organized and utilize some different folders...I'd also like to look into the photo capabilities of the site and include a photo here and there with some of my poetry....

I just found out that I'm going to be a grandfather....first one....due in August....I'm very excited, but just too damn young at 52 to be a grandfather...LOL. Told my wife that I may have to trade her in, because I know I'm waaaaaaaaaaay too young to be married to a grandmother..LOL.

Some of the suggestions I got were to "personalize" this blog more....well I'm trying to do a bit more of that...will contine on (again when things slow down some...in a week or so).

I'm am going to be trying to write 1-2 new poems per week..my goal is to have written at least 100 new poems this year (2007)....see how this works out for me...LOL.....

Well, I gotta run...one of things I enjoy is meeting new people (friends) and finding out about them....I'd love to hear from you and we can start a running dialogue...

Have a great day and as Arnold says "...I'll be back..."...lol.

Rick

© Copyright 2007 Richard Vance (UN: rickv1955 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Richard Vance has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/480599-Its-a-New-Year-at-WDC