*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/480899-Small-Steps
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#480899 added January 12, 2007 at 6:19pm
Restrictions: None
Small Steps
It's actually stopped raining today *Shock* although the wind is still strong enough to turn me into Mary Poppins. I contemplated going out this morning but then the loo started demanding its weekly clean. Just as I brandished my brush in preparation, the telephone rang.

It was my son. He and new wife are now in Kuala Lumpur (something about that name always makes me *Laugh* for some reason) eventually making their way to Singapore. For once the line was clear, no echo, delay or static and it was like talking to the son I remember and love so very much.

We had quite a long and unheated chat with no animosity. He's been laid up again with food poisoning and is disappointed they won't be able to stay as long in Australia as planned. I resisted saying he maybe should have looked into this before rushing into marriage. Gawd, restraint is something I never thought I'd become an expert at.

But, he sounds fine, is determined to make the best of things and could be coming home in May. I have assured him we will do our best for him and Mey Ling will not be made to feel unwelcome. What happens between now and then I leave to destiny and my son's capabilities.

We had a giggle comparing medical conditions and who's suffering most - almost like old times. I certainly felt better after we'd spoken and I hope he did too. We'll work this through somehow and as long as he's safe and well there is nothing we can't handle. He's my boy and nothing will ever change that...sniffle.

I braved the storms this afternoon for another session with the hopi ear candles as my latest cold has clogged up my tubes again. I think there's a slight improvement already. Oh, my life in the fast lane wears me out.

I'll be starting on The Blogville Newsletter this weekend so can I drop another big hint to the contributors to please get their brains in gear and submit their articles. Sorry to be a nag. Also please remember to vote for your favourite blogger - to date I have four votes this month and it's a two-horse race. All you need to do is send me an e-mail with 'BOTM' as the header and the name of your chosen blogger in the body of the e-mail. Easy Peasy, lemon squeezy. Ta very muchly.

© Copyright 2007 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/480899-Small-Steps