*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/481048-Yahoo-News
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#481048 added January 13, 2007 at 11:08am
Restrictions: None
Yahoo News
Does anyone else have this problem? My home page is set at Yahoo, and if I'm curious about a news item, I'll start there. It used to be that a news item from the present day or the day before would be something easy to find. It's still easy to find them, but many of the "featured" items are now videos. On those videos, a commercial comes first. I guess I understand that. But what's happening with me is that I only see the commercial, never the actual news clip. It's happened more than once. Quite a few times, actually. I end up checking somewhere else for the news I sought. Grrr.

Anyway, what I wanted to check out was about those two boys who were found - one who had disappeared in 2002 (Shawn Hornbeck}. I saw in PastVoices 's blog "Invalid Item that this was a story about St. Louis, and as I explained a few entries ago, I lived in St. Louis for only 6 weeks. I did discover that the boys were found in an apartment in Kirkwood, and that's the exact place in St. Louis where I lived (and where my son's dad's family lived). What a miracle it was that the one boy was found alive after a few days. It's a super-duper-miracle that the other was found alive after more than 4 years.

Our adult cat seems to have lost her voice. Do cats get laryngitis? Thinking back, I realized that she hasn't done much of her normal talking with me since we got the kitty. I thought maybe she was mad at having to share her space. But yesterday, I noticed that she is opening her mouth to meow and nothing is coming out. My son thought maybe she had a hairball she needed to get rid of. But that's never been a problem before. I wonder what's up?

I saw my gastro doc yesterday and some new prescriptions for my tummy problems. One is just for bloating. It really is annoying that I can eat one tiny piece of watermelon and then burp like crazy. I told the doc that eating out is really not an option when I have to burp so much after eating.

Looks like I'll have to see my regular doc next week. My sore throat is back and my sinuses are clogging up again. And I've never really stopped coughing, although it did get better. I haven't been coughing in the daytime, just at night.

My cabinet looks like I have my own pharmacy...


© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/481048-Yahoo-News