*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/481529-chapter-7
by Shyly
Rated: 18+ · Book · Romance/Love · #1202958
a collision of different personalities in the sweetest way possible
#481529 added January 15, 2007 at 1:41pm
Restrictions: None
chapter 7
The next day she saw Raoul, He barely even talked to her, even in class.  She didn’t know what to say or do, she had tried to catch his eye on several occasion, yet he plainly ignored her.  She sat sullenly, her head down, her friends after while of not paying her attention, looked at her.
         “You’re making me lose my appetite” Ella snapped
         “Sue me” she said, then somebody flopped next to her
         “You forgot? We have tutoring today” Damon said, she looked at him in surprise
         “Uh, ya I kinda forgot” she said
         “Aight, then let’s go” eh said, she rolled her eyes and followed him out
         “Thank God, you were starting to depress me too” Jenna said
         “Whateva” she said back to them as she followed Damon
When they went to the library, she barely was able to teach Damon who was constantly flirting with her.  He finally got quiet, then she looked up to find him staring at her.
         “What?” She rolled her eyes
         “Nothing, I was just thinking how pretty you are” he said and she rolled her eyes, “Oh come on Riah, why you be trying to play me?”
         “How am I trying to play you?”
         “You seriously don’t remember our kiss last year?” he said and she blushed
         “What about it?” it had been a nice memorable kiss, he had tasted so sweet she had not wanted to let go of him, but they had still been in school and to her that had just been a mistake.
         “I didn’t just kiss you for nothing, I liked you”
         “You like every girl in the school” she said and he shrugged grinning, he moved closer to her
         “But I like you beta” he whispered to her, she looked at him in his eyes, not moving, what eyebrow was raised an eyebrow.
         “What…” she didn’t finish what she was about to say when his lips landed on hers, she never saw Raoul standing at the door that exact minute.

When she went home, there was a phone call, she hurried and picked it up.
         “Hello?” she said
         “Hello?” she said again
         “Uh, hey Riah, Raoul” he said, she didn’t say anything, “I wanted to know if you’d come to my aunts wedding” he said
         “Raoul…”
         “Look can you please come? I want you to come” he said
         “I don’t have anything to wear”          
         “No problem, just come to my house” she stayed quiet again
         “Okay”

She took the bus to Raoul’s house, it was cold out, she was wrapped in tons of jackets and sweaters, her nose was probably red, her ears were freezing off.  Raoul’s house had just better be warm.
When she got there, she knocked the door, another women opened this door.  She guessed the women to be his mom, she looked sort of like him.  She was chubby, her long silky black hair fell to her back, she was wearing a similar clothe like Anita, only pink.  She was fully dressed, with the make up and all.  She looked so pretty.
         “Hello!” she said shyly, “My name’s Riah, you look really pretty ma’am”
         “Oh please, just Lekha, am Raoul’s mom”
         “Nice meeting you” Lekha had an accent but not deep
         “Riah sounds like an Indian name, and you could pass for Indian too, except you truly do have lilac eyes, why Raoul told me, and I just could not believe it” Lekha framed her face,  “What a pretty girl you are” she said, then she latched onto her arm, Riah’s eyes widened
         “Let’s go, we don’t have much time” She said, they obviously went to one of Raoul’s sister’s room, it was girly, lots’ of pink and draperies, the bed was Indian style.
         “There’s your clothes, you wear that” she said closing the door after her, then a minute later it was flung open.  A girl who looked exactly like Lekha walked in, she had the same long hair in a braid down her back, she was wearing a yellow shirt that looked like a tank top with short sleeves, then some sort of wrap was wrapped around her, with a scarf around her neck falling to her back . She had jewelry and all, with the make-up.  She was slightly plump, and light enough to pass for white, except her features clearly indicated Indian.  She had the same nose as Raoul, but her lips weren’t as full, her top lips was rather thin, while the bottom was plump.
         "Oh hi!" The girl said blinking her wide eyes, she had really dark eyes. "Am Venecia"
         "Oh uh hey, Riah" she blinked at the girl, was she supposed to dress in front of the girl?
         "Am gonna help you dress" Guess so
         "Am okay" she said hastily
         "Oh please! You’re wearing the same thing as me, it's a lot harder to wear than the one my mom was wearing"
Riah looked at he red clothes that lay neatly on the bed
         "Come on, we really don't have all day" Venecia tapped her feet impatiently on the floor.  As she undressed and put the clothes on, Venecia tsked.
         "Your bra shows, take it off, it won't look right if your bra is showing"
         "What?"
         "Don't worry, there's a push up under it" she said nodding, As Riah took the top off and her bra, the door was flung open.  Mouths hanged open, hands flew in the air, squeals were heard.
Raoul stood at the door with his mouth hanging open.
         "Raoul, get out" Venecia shouted, she went and closed the door on Raoul when he didn't move, "Guys!" she exclaimed shacking her head
Riah was so mortified, her back was to the door, she had found the nearest clothes to wrap around her waist, as she hurriedly put the tank top on.
Venecia helped her tie the drape around her, it turned out to be much bigger than it had looked, she put bracelets on with ornaments and make up.
         "Looking great" Venecia said proudly with a wide smile, Riah found out she had the same dimple in her right cheeks as Raoul did.

© Copyright 2007 Shyly (UN: djoulde at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Shyly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/481529-chapter-7