*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/482349-Chapter-6-Little-Peter-Perfect-First-draft---start-only
Rated: 18+ · Book · Horror/Scary · #1199465
A zombie Novella - the end of the world is here, but what does it mean to be human?
#482349 added January 24, 2007 at 9:24am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 6: Little Peter Perfect (First draft - start only)
They could hear the screaming better now, could make out words in the noise,
“COME AND GET ME YOU STUPID FUCKING DOGS!!” the voice was screaming. The foot steps thundered past the window above their heads, followed shortly by sixteen bloody, damaged paws. They stopped outside the third window, turning towards the building.
“They can smell us!” lindy frantically whispered,
“They can’t get in” Roger said, hand still clamped firmly over Corey’s mouth.
Four gore covered mouths bit at the window, ripped and bloody tongues lashing at the glass.
“WOOOHOOOOOO” Came another scream from outside.
The paws turned back again and began running away from the building. Roger let go of Corey’s mouth and silently walked to the window. Balancing on the rotting table top he peered out through the grime. A young boy, about nineteen, was leading the four dogs away from the building, heading towards an old cafĂ©.
“What is that crazy little shit doing?” he said aloud, then he saw. Running along the buildings on the other side of the road, trying each door, were three younger children,
“Oh shit” Roger said, running from the window. He ripped the barricade away and began screaming at the children, they turned to see him just as the dogs stopped in their tracks a few blocks away.
         The Children looked from Roger to the dogs and back again. Everything started to move in slow motion.
“R—R—R—U—U—U—U—N—N—N—N--!!!” The eldest girl screamed and the three little bodies sprung into motion/ The dogs turned and began to sprint back towards the children.

Through all of this Peter managed to stay clam.
I guess he didn’t have all that much of a choice.


Peter turned around to see the four dogs running back towards his sisters and little brother. Next to him on the sidewalk was a garbage can. Before he even realised he was doing it he was holding the lid, smashing the metal against the concrete garden wall next to him. The noise rung out through the empty square, the dogs turning once more towards the noise. His siblings made it to the building and the stranger helped them inside, now it was time for Peter to run.
He continued with his plan.
Up ahead there would be a covered walk way, and Peter could get on that roof easily, he had done it many, many times before. From the walk way he was able to reach the outside of the building his family was inside. The whole way the dogs followed him. He had thought the humans were bad, but animals were far more adept at hunting. The dogs terrified him. One of them, a German Shepard that had probably once been a security dog, had one eye missing and three ribs sticking out through it’s dirty, matted coat. All four of them had bloody feet, as if they had worn them down to the bone.
The dogs scared him most of all.
         When he reached the last building the stranger was waiting at a window. He was an older man, but looked harmless enough. He helped Peter inside.
© Copyright 2007 Diaboliqua (UN: phobias at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Diaboliqua has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/482349-Chapter-6-Little-Peter-Perfect-First-draft---start-only