*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/482589-Motivations-in-Writing
Rated: 13+ · Book · News · #1171286
Thoughts between gasps for fresh inspiration. . .
#482589 added January 20, 2007 at 7:32pm
Restrictions: None
Motivations in Writing
I've got myself in a tizzy over my current writing assignment. I've done lots of research. and should feel okay about going ahead and just writing the 8 pages she needs.

What's bothering me is that she wants me to match her writing "style", and what her style is, is "pre-literate." She doesn't yet understand the order words go in Engllish sentences. It's noit my job to fix her English, or maybe it is because I guess that's what I'll end up doing...

In this situation, I feel like my college age client is gonna get caught by whoever grades her assignment, unless her class is so large that these's no human recollection of previous work.

There are different degrees of helping, and some leaps toward perfection that can't be logically made in one assignment. I've spent the last two days fretting over this assignment, instead of working on it, and it's technically overdue, but not "teacher-turn-in" due yet.

I've written her 4 long notes, asking for different sets of info so that I can organize the paper to her needs--said I could go on writing unitl she responded--and for two days no response. I did just open a new mail from her. She didn't anser my questions. She just restated her needs. It's like talking to a wall that it's even there.

I prefer to do things right, but I guess sometimes you just do whatever to get the thing behind you. Guess I'll go with that application of theory tonight, and start with the pen and paper draft.... .....writer's block on a deadline!!!

This isn't good. It's bugging me, and I don't seem to be able to shake a bad feeling that's got me in its grip--unless I'm sleeping, which I've done a lot for the past two days. I guess I'm rested enough to write. I remember being brain zonked before I gave up and went to bed to get some sleep. These writing jobs always cause me to slip in to an unusual sleeping schedule--like there's an obsession to get it finished. I STAY UP LONGER THAN A DAY AT A TIME, WHICH ISN'T GOOD FOE ME. sorry---new keyboard---keep hitting the cap lock key......didn't mean to shout....

Tonight, I declare, I will work on having SOMETHING to submit as her assignment. I don't want to sub-write, because it's my writing, but if this paper adheres to rules of grammar, my client will undoubtedly be called up about the instant improvement in her abilities in using English. I won't be there if it happens. I'm just somebody out in the Internet, but what I'm doing still bugs me. But I'm gonna do it. The writing service's ticket won't let me give the assignment back for someone else because I'm too near finished.

This all shouldn't be a problem. It's just a different kind of job to do. Nothing to do, but to do it--and learn from this experience. Try not to fall into this partidular situation again.

Does a ".hk" at the end of a yahoo address stand for Hong Kong? If anybody knows, shoot me a line, will ya? Guess I'm begrudgingly going to write some reasoning through some argumentative articles...get it over with....get it behind me.

My words don't do this situation justice. If you're interested in my client's writing style, follow the link to read it. Ican't post it till the job's turned in though.

In the meantime, I'd really appreciate all wishes of good luck.

On the brighter side, I'm going to teach a class in the UWW2, a fiction workshop-- starting soon! More on that later.....
© Copyright 2007 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/482589-Motivations-in-Writing