*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/482895-Take-it-back----I-dont-want-it
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#482895 added January 22, 2007 at 10:32am
Restrictions: None
Take it back . . . I don't want it!
“Let go and let God.”

I hear all the time I should give all my burdens, dreams and worries to God and let him take care of them. I complained recently how I often take them back.

However, what if I don’t take them back, but God gives them back? A fight then ensues, but opposite of a tug-of-war, much like Jonah fighting God's demand he go to Ninevah, and preach to the people he most despised.

Thomas asked a great question in Saturday’s entry: I understand that we need patience and perseverance, but at what point do you see a friend struggling to get to the shore and finally decide to help?

I’m discovering there’s a difference between patience and complacency. How often have I given my burdens to God and expect him to take care of them without any effort on my part!

Look at all of the people in the Bible. They are people of action, as well as faith. Yes, God parted the sea to save the Israelites from Pharaoh’s army, but it still required Moses to place his staff in the water. In that case, it’s a small action, but an action nonetheless. The sea would not have parted without Moses acting.

Look also at today’s most faithful. They don’t sit around waiting for God to do the things they want and need. They work to make things happen, and they work hard.

God wants a relationship with us above all else, but all relationships are partnerships. Spouses must work together in many aspects of their life together. Friends also help one another, and coworkers need to work together if they are to succeed in their tasks. David McClain , partyof5dj and many others recently talked about friendships and how we all need to give as much as we take in order for the friendship to flourish. Our relationship with God requires the same effort.

To give things to God and expect him to do all the work, or as Thomas said, wait upon the shore as a friend struggles and expecting God to save them, is nothing but laziness. It can also have devastating results. Sometimes we have to dive in and swim. God then helps us by keeping our body strong, and the sea calm so we'll for certain succeed.

My mom once had a difficult time, weeping and moaning in despair. I begged God to comfort her, but my prayer went unanswered for a long time.

And then I heard God whisper, “My comforting arms belong to you.”

I then reached out and hugged my mom until she stopped crying. Through my actions, God answered my prayer and comforted her.

Now God keeps giving back something I would rather he take care of.

Looks like I got some workin' ahead of me, dang it.

© Copyright 2007 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/482895-Take-it-back----I-dont-want-it