*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/482932-012207---I-need-an-attitude-adjustment
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #1206540
Middle-Age Spread is NOT a Condiment!
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#482932 added January 22, 2007 at 4:11pm
Restrictions: None
01/22/07 - I need an attitude adjustment!
I left work early - 11 AM! I made up some excuse that my daughter was sick and I had to pick her up at school. I just wasn't in the mood for all of the crap that was sitting on my desk. I know, I know - I lied! One of my resolutions for this year was to not lie. Well, at least this one lasted a full three weeks, unlike the "I want to stop smoking" one that lasted a whole three minutes! I don't think my boss believed me when I said my daughter was sick. I will pay dearly for this. On that I have no delusions.

It's not that I dislike my job. In fact, I do like it. I guess I really needed some time to myself with the husband and daughter out of the house for a few hours. I love them, but they can be so draining! They are so alike that I have to wonder if there is anything inside my daughter that is ME - besides her temper I mean. Asking her to do something usually gets me the response, "Dad doesn't do that." This can be totally aggravating especially when I tell her to pull her pants up so her belly isn't hanging over the top of them. "Dad doesn't pull his pants up to his waist." "Don't go by him! Since when does he know fashion?" I ask her. This stops her for about one minute before she walks away with her belly still hanging over the top of her pants. Meanwhile my husband looks at me like a wounded puppy and says, "I do know fashion Vick." This from a man who still has a Members Only jacket hanging up in his closet! Every so often he makes an attempt to wear it. Two things save me: one - it doesn't fit him any more (but may again one day that's why he still has it!) and two - I refuse to leave the house with him if he's wearing it. Yes, sometimes I feel like a stranger in my own home. Who ARE these people and how did I get mixed-up with them?

So, here I am trying to keep another of my resolutions going - the resolution to write something everyday. This one took me three weeks to even begin! What's with me and the number three? Hopefully I'll have more success with this one especially since I started it later in the month. This way it will look like I've been doing it longer!

I just realized that I'm late for a nap, so until tomorrow - keep your sanity!

Merit Badge in Comedy
[Click For More Info]

  Congratulations  , you have received the   Comedy Merit Badge   for your many hilarious essays and humorous takes on life's quirky situations. You have proven that you can bring laughs to your fellow WDC writers and readers and garner their approbation. Merit Badge in Growth
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations!! Advancing from adopted Newbie to "Hummingbird" Member.*^*Heart*^*~ The Hummingbirds

** Image ID #1111689 Unavailable **



© Copyright 2007 Victoria (UN: vlm0325 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Victoria has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/482932-012207---I-need-an-attitude-adjustment