*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/483562-This-Game-of-Life
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#483562 added January 25, 2007 at 1:46pm
Restrictions: None
This Game of Life
As I logged on here and checked my emails, the one that hit me was the devoinal from Jason Mitchener. The subject read, "Tired of Feeling Tired." I can certainly identify with that. *Smile* Two Sundays ago, our pastor said something in his sermon about being "sick and tired of being sick and tired." I understood those words as well.

But...the great news is that I now have bronchitis, and that's treatable. I dropped off two prescriptions at the pharmacy and asked hubby to pick them up on his way from work. One is an antibiotic, and since it's one of those 5 day things, I figured it wasn't generic. With our prescription plan, we don't pay anything for generic drugs. For those that don't have a generic yet, we pay either $25 or $40. Since hubby has the checkbook, I figured it was safer for him to pick at last that one up. The other is for cough medicine, something stronger than I could get over-the-counter. Hopefully this will knock the begeebers out of my bronchitis and I'll be left with just being sick and tired of the fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue. *Bigsmile*

**********

I chatted with my baby sister a bit yesterday afternoon. She was at her hubby's office helping him with something.

Karen is 13 years younger than me, making her a mere 41 years of age. She's feeling old, though, because....she just discovered next September she'll be a grandma. She's not too happy about that. Her son is 22 and his girlfriend is only 18. This was not something they planned.

Our mom is excited, though, about becoming a great-grandmother. But in her mental confusion she doesn't understand why it has to wait until September. *Smile*

This reminded me of back in 1983. My parents - especially Mom - really wanted to be grandparents.
Their friends and their siblings all had grandkids and they didn't. They weren't that old back then - just 54 and 56, in fact. Anyway, in 1983, three of their four kids (their girls) all announced that they were pregnant.

Only Carol had planned having a baby at just that time. She was quite a planner. *Smile* She and her husband planned everything. They banked her salary and lived off Jeff's as they saved for buying a house and having children. I imagine when they bought their first house that probably they had at least half of the total price to put down. That's planning! Then, when they were ready to start trying to have children, Carol and told me that she had stopped taking the pill.

As the big sister, I felt it was my duty to explain that after going off the pill some women spent years trying to get pregnant. But, it was probably less than a month later that she discovered she was pregnant. Sometimes I hated how life smiled on her.

Our kids were all born in 1984, in March, June and July. I was just shy of 32, Carol was 26, and Karen was 19.

Our parents were so excited. It's a bit sad to think that our Dad didn't live to see any great-grandchildren and that our Mom obiously doesn't even understand the process anymore.

And poor Karen. She will be only 42 years of age when she becomes a grandma. I think she'll be quite a foxy grandma.

The only picture I have right now of the three of us is from about 1998 or 1999. I'm not sure. I should scan some others. There are some fun pictures of the three of pregnant and the three of us with crawling babies. Those are fun. We should also have at least one from my niece's wedding last May. For now, this old picture will have to do. Karen is the foxy one - the one at the bottom of the stairs. She hasn't changed much.
Three Mackenzie Sisters


This one of me is more recent.
Sitting in bluebonnets



Or you could go looking in my port for the one of me and Incurable Romantic when we got married. *Bigsmile*

© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/483562-This-Game-of-Life