*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/484702-Where-does-the-day-go
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#484702 added January 31, 2007 at 4:06pm
Restrictions: None
Where does the day go???
Yes, I missed making an entry yesterday. Just about the time that I was planning on coming here and writing...something...my computer started acting up. It froze and then would only boot up to safe mode. I did the scan disk and defrag operations late last night, then a complete virus check this morning. Sure enough there was a trojan on my computer. Hopefully all is well now.

Jim and I both have older computers that run Windows98SE. That is becoming a problem, especially for me. My computer doesn't have a decent sized hard drive and it's rather slow.

We ordered two reconditioned computers and they finally came yesterday. Instead of the Windows2000 they were supposed to have, it appears that they have WindowsXP. But CD's were not provided. And one of the computers doesn't even have a "normal" connection place for a monitor. Looks like we'll be sending them back. Grrr.

*******

Every once in a while a few white flakes fall from the sky now, but we haven't had any "snow dusting" or worse. Thank goodness. *Smile* It surely is cold, though. When Jim went to his small group last night, he and the fellows all agreed that it seemed colder than it had been in the morning. Apparently it was. Although the temperature was supposed to be about 20, the windchill factor was about 3. This morning the real temperature was probably in the teens. This is why I reeeeaaaaaallllllllllyyyyyyyyy dislike winter.

*******

My son's new girlfriend picked him up from work this morning, so I didn't have to brave the cold. I actually slept in - until about 8:30 when the kitten decided I should be up. *Smile* That's when I ran the virus scan on my computer. And, honestly, I haven't done much else, haven't watched TV, haven't had the energy to do any cleaning. And yet here it is 11:30. I have no idea where the time goes sometimes.

I really should do some laundry and at least clean the kitchen and bathroom. I remember my mom and grandma telling me that if those rooms were clean, people could excuse the mess in the rest of your house. *Smile*


********

In case you missed it or don't subscribe to the Romance/Love Newsletter, I was the guest editor this week: http://www.writing.com/main/newsletters/action/archives/id/1514

© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/484702-Where-does-the-day-go