*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/484762-Wednesday-13107
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1207566
Musings from my mind
#484762 added January 31, 2007 at 4:22pm
Restrictions: None
Wednesday 1/31/07
Joseph had his evaluation appt this am for occupational therapy. This will get him set up for treatment for anger management, and management of his ADHD, ODD, OCD and Asperger's Syndrome. I'm looking forward to them teaching him skills to help him adapt to functioning on this planet with regard to the way he's internally wired.

After this appt, I drove him to school. I ran a few other errands, and got to work at noon. My head was starting to hurt a little, but I was doing my best to push through it, like us mom's have learned to do so often.

I was getting going at work when I was called at 3pm to come pick up Joe at school because he was having another meltdown. The jackhammers in my head are having a real party now. So I left work, picked him up and brought him home. He's currently doing some chores to burn off some excess energy. After that, he'll be "assuming the position" again. Sitting on the edge of his bed, hands in his lap, feet on the floor until dinner time.

This time, he was very apologetic about me having to miss work to come get him and bring him home. We discussed what set him off and are working to resolve it. It was sweet how he told me he was sorry so many times. I appreciated that and told him so. I also explained that he can get mad and frustrated without being rude and disrespectful. He acknowledged it, and said he was trying. I believe him.

I also believe in consistency. When this happens, he knows he's on full punishment or what we call "misery mode". No talking, no toys, no books, no TV, no PS2, no fun. (No phone, no pool, no pets, as the old song goes) He can sit there and think about how he could have handled the situation differently.

Emotionally, I'm doing better than yesterday, and much better than the day before. If these stress headaches would stop, I may be back to full tilt boogie in a week or so. I'd like to, that's for sure.

I want to get back to posting positive, uplifting things to encourage and strengthen those who read here. I'm just not there yet. Right now, it's about me and my attempt to maintain my sanity. That's about as good as it's gonna get today.

My quote today is: Success is getting up just one more time than you fall down.

Peace be with you all today.
Curls

© Copyright 2007 purtycurls (UN: lmjinfla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
purtycurls has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/484762-Wednesday-13107