*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/484888-No-Reasonable-Blog-Today
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#484888 added February 1, 2007 at 7:43am
Restrictions: None
No Reasonable Blog Today
Because I'm preoccupied, slacking off. *grins* Actually my best friend pointed me in the direction of megatokyo.com and has me reading over the archives. 800+ comics to entertain and delight geeks from all over the world. Thusly I'm completely hooked.

I've been trying to get in at least 100 strips a day but haven't managed it some days being tied up with other things. I'm at this very moment reading strip 246 and so too busy to write a REAL blog entry. *hangs head in shame* I know, I know, all those fellow bloggers I nag at about not writing frequently or only doing a half-assed job of it are glaring at me and pointing your fingers.

In totally unrelated news I'm pissed off at my bank account and at myself for again exceeding my income. Today I'd promised to take the kids swimming and I feel like an utter failure and a particularly evil and unfair mother. I also feel hot, frustrated and sore.

Today I went and did the workout as part of that new routine I mentioned yesterday so I'd got my muscles happening and done plenty of walking. Then we had to walk an hour to the local pools. We detoured to the shop so I could use an ATM to get some cash out to cover drinks and pool entry.

But the evil ATM wouldn't give me my cash. Before I'd left I had checked my balance to ensure I had enough to withdraw and it was fine, low but enough to cover a trip to the local pools. An hour later I'm penniless, hot, slightly sun-tormented (not burned but getting there) and very thirsty.

I scrounged up the shrapnel in my purse to get a bottle of water to share between us for the long walk home, again in the sun and by the time I collapsed in my airconditioned living room with gratitude I was just so glad to be home. I'm still however peeved that I allowed my budget to get out of control again.

What kind of pathetic excuse for a mother can't even afford to take her kids to the swimming pools on a scorching hot day? Again, my plans to be stricter on my budget are firmly in hand. Kids should be able to be rewarded for working hard in school and being good for Mummy at home with a long cool swim followed by an icey pole on the walk home.

© Copyright 2007 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/484888-No-Reasonable-Blog-Today