*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/485481-Wiped-out
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#485481 added February 3, 2007 at 3:53pm
Restrictions: None
Wiped out!
I didn't realize reviewing other people's items would wear me out so. I've completed three -- oops I just saw I skipped one over since I'm reviewing them in the order I received them *Blush* -- from my contest, and had to stop. I noticed each review was less thorough than the previous. That isn't fair to the writers, so I decided to take a break. I had hoped to complete all eleven by today, but I'm thinking it will take longer.

Overall, the entries are good, and I've enjoyed reading every one. However, part of the reason I feel wiped out is because I keep having to repeat my suggestions, such as passive verbs, and overuse of adverbs.

I have another pet peeve about reviewing. Every review I get, whether I agree with the suggestions or not, I always send a thank you. It's a matter of courtesy if nothing else, to let the reviewer know I appreciate the effort they took in not only reading my work, but responding to it.

I've reviewed some and received not token of gratitude in response. We writers are a sensitive lot, as well as overactive in our imaginations. It's too easy to conclude when we review and receive no response, we did something to hurt or offend the reviewee. Even a simple thank you lets me know they appreciate my efforts, and I can let my hyper-sensitive imagination concentrate on more productive endeavors.

Speaking of thank yous, a special thanks to Michael Wonch for his advice on starting a webmag. Including his comment in my previous entry, he sent me an email with even more information. Thank you! I now have something else to find time for . . . anyone seen my time-making tree anywhere?

Another special thank you to windac for the merit circle:

Merit Badge in Job Well Done
[Click For More Info]

For eloquence of word, heart and faith.

It was quite the pleasant surprise this morning! Many (((Hugs))) to you!

© Copyright 2007 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/485481-Wiped-out