*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/485707-What-did-we-ever-do-without-computers
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#485707 added February 4, 2007 at 3:33pm
Restrictions: None
What did we ever do without computers????
I spent a bunch of time on the phone with Gateway this afternoon. The techie finally said my only option was to wipe everything out and start all over again loading re-loading Windows. I told him that would have to wait, since I'd need to visit safe-mode and copy a bunch of things onto CD's or floppies first. I'm like everyone else. I don't back-up stuff as often as I should. *Smile*

Anyway, having the computer repair geek fix everything will only be about $60 and I'll know it's fixed.

I had a bunch of stuff I wanted to share today about our pastor's sermon. But with computer problems and the fact that my small group meeting has been moved from 7 p.m. to 4 p.m., that will have to wait until tomorrow. *Smile*

Wanna guess why the time for our small group changed???

Of course! Football!!!

That reminds me. Did you see - either on the news or Nightline last night - that churches are not allowed to show Super Bowl games on big screens for their members? Nor are they allowed to even use the word Super Bowl in their church bulletins or newsletters? And that the NFL was really serious about this and coming down on churches?

Personally, I'm going to send a letter to the NFL first thing next week. How stupid of them. I know lots of folks who might not watch that game at home alone, but they would at church with a group of friends. So...if they didn't watch at home, they would never see those pricey commercials. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Maybe I should write to the companies who are advertising on that game too. Hmmm.

Meanwhile...the "rules" actually say that you cannot show "that game" on a screen larger than 55 inches for a group of people. Considering how big some folks personal TV's are now, I wonder if the NFL is going to get mad at folks having those SB game parties in their homes too.

I have to get ready for my small group meeting now. I'll be back tomorrow.

© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/485707-What-did-we-ever-do-without-computers