*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/485888-TheStart-of-Another-Week
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#485888 added February 5, 2007 at 10:29am
Restrictions: None
TheStart of Another Week
Another Monday. The weekend seemed to pass in a blur of frustrated tears, barking dogs and excessive abuse of finger foods. I'm almost through with my coffee, which is distressing to me since the outside temp is low enough to prohibit me from grabbing myself a refill. For the moment I am stuck at my desk awaiting a closing call and reflecting on the past 48 hours. I'm still nursing a headache, one that has seemed to pursist since Thursday. And I've decided for the time being, to avoid long conversations with family members on the chance that they start to probe me about the possibility of pending nuptials. It just serves to stress me out more than necessary. Last night I logged onto both the IM console and Writing.com chat and was comforted to find other writers playing the same game of avoidance as I was. Its counterproductive to sit in front of a blank computer screen with that impatient, blinking electronic cursor and there is a tempting array of distracting activies on this site. Its funny, part of my thinks, if I'm still on the site, I'm not really wasting time. I might even take a break from a survey or crossword puzzle to make random visits to other's ports and review a piece or two. Still, its not writing, its not editing or polishing or creating for myself in anyway. I'm not building the necessary discipline I so desparately need. And then, another Monday, another prompt to update my blog. So here I am, filling this little white dialogue box and telling myself, at least you are writing. Even if you are so boring that you make your own eyes want to drop out of your face, at least you are writing.

© Copyright 2007 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/485888-TheStart-of-Another-Week