*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/486552-A-Basket-Case-of-Blue
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#486552 added February 8, 2007 at 2:15pm
Restrictions: None
A Basket Case of Blue
I have a flawed personality.

I know what you’re doing! You’re rolling your eyes and thinking, “Good grief, not again! Will this girl ever be satisfied with who she is?! Sheesh!”

Hang with me, folks. This ain’t what you think.

Actually, it’s not a flaw, though some people consider it so. I’m ambitious. I like to extend myself, to go further with my job, my hobbies, my writing, and many other aspects of my life than I am now. I’m never satisfied. I despise complacency, because it leads to boredom and stagnation.

With "Invalid Item, "Invalid Item and reviewing some of you who’ve asked in your blog, I’ve increased my number of reviews substantially. I still have a way to go, but I’m having so much fun doing them, I don’t want to stop just yet.

Some people even think I’m good at them. I make every review public, and on the review page, everyone has an opportunity to send GPs and their thoughts on other people’s reviews. I’ve received many a GP from members, including The StoryMaster , for most of the reviews I’ve completed in the last few weeks.

But that’s not where my real ambition lies:

I have my eye on a blue case.

I looked up the criteria for moderators. Part of it is to have completed at least 250 quality reviews. I know I’m not guaranteed a blue case no matter how many reviews I give. A blue case has lots of responsibilities, and must prove in other ways the case is deserved.

Here are other criteria considered, along with where I stand:

*Bullet* must be at least 18 years of age (by law),
No problem there!
*Bullet* positive and helpful involvement within Writing.Com and its community,
*Bullet* a genuine concern for Writing.Com and its members,
*Bullet* interaction with other Writing.Com members,
*Bullet* interaction with Writing.Com Moderators and staff,
I could do a lot more with these
*Bullet* knowledge of Writing.Com and its tools,
I do all right here, though I’m always trying to learn more.
*Bullet* a minimum of 250 quality reviews
*Bullet* reviews must be given to a mix of other members
*Bullet* number of ratings that author has given out to other authors,
These I’m currently working on. I need to do better about reviewing a wider range of members, though. As for the last one, I don’t rate anyone without a review.
*Bullet* amount of time author has been a member - at least twelve (12) months,
I’ve been here 1½ years . . . wow, is that all?!
*Bullet* accuracy of content ratings in authors portfolio
One of my items was changed to Non-E by a moderator because of the word “Killer” in the title, but other than that, I think my items are accurately rated. I try to err on the side of caution anyway.
*Bullet* quality of items in portfolio,
*Bullet* variety of items in portfolio.
I’ll be a braggart and say, “Of course!”
*Bullet* technical understanding of Writing.Com's site features
I’m still learning, but I know a fair amount.


Even if I someday meet all this, I may not become a blue case. A basket case, maybe . . .

Still, it’s nice to dream and work toward that dream. Who knows what other benefits I might gain from trying?

© Copyright 2007 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/486552-A-Basket-Case-of-Blue