*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/486812-Friday-2907
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1207566
Musings from my mind
#486812 added February 9, 2007 at 1:42pm
Restrictions: None
Friday 2/9/07
Happy Friday Everyone! This is a wonderful, happy day! I'm most happy because Nascar season is beginning tonite with the Bud Shootout. I've truly missed getting my Nascar fix.

This morning was better with Joe. I learned something, too. Instead of getting up at my usual time, I got up 15 minutes earlier. I gave him those additional 15 minutes to ease him into the day. His clock radio had gone on 15 minutes prior, so he was getting an idea that morning had come. I opened his door, and said good morning to him. I turned on CNN, and made my coffee. The sound of the tv, light from the kitchen and smell of coffee further triggered his mind to begin the waking up process. Then, I went to his room again told him I was turning his light on to help him wake up. 5 minutes after that, I went back to him and sat on his bed, and rubbed his back and legs a little. When he first wakes up, he's quite angry, and his words are hateful. As he wakes up more, the giggles and hugs start. I don't know what makes him wake up so mean at first. I guess that's just how he's wired.

He tried to give me some grief about wanting me to dress him. He does this alot. He tries this "I'm helpless" scheme to get me to do stuff he's well and able to do, but just doesn't want to. Anyone who deals with him on a regular basis, understands that this is just a veil, and to wait him out, and he'll eventually do it himself once he sees it's not going to be done for him.

I'm thinking the additional 15 minutes of wake up time was helpful and I'll try it more to see how it works.

I broke the fish tank down again last night and rebuilt it with new gravel, put anti- ick and fungus drops in tank, hooked up the tank heater, and this morning the water was still quite clear! It's the best it's been looking in a long long time. Hopefully it will stay that way. I'm getting quite tired of messin with it.

All in all, it's been a good day.

My quote for today is: The ability to say "no" is perhaps the greatest gift a parent has.

© Copyright 2007 purtycurls (UN: lmjinfla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
purtycurls has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/486812-Friday-2907