*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/486825-Medical-issues-Wakes--I-hate-New-England-Club-etc
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #1188034
Blog on writing; Poetry and short stories - comments, critiques et al.
#486825 added February 9, 2007 at 2:41pm
Restrictions: None
Medical issues, Wakes , I hate New England Club, etc...
Keeping with my efforts to update this blog on a more regular basis.......

Brought my wife to have an endoscopy yesterday...she's been having problems with her throat so they decided to "scope" it out....left work around 1:00PM to get her to her appointment...was told it would take 2 1/2 to 3 hours, so I scooted across the street to a Barnes & Noble book store...Although I'm sure she didn't have all that much fun, I was pretty happy passing the time away drinking Starbucks coffee and reading.....was able to check out a couple of books on Fly fishing (used to do a lot of fishing as a kid....going to try to do a little more this year....) a book on golf (putting actually...never can have too much golf instruction...lol) and one book on RVing (for those of you who don't know, my wife and I are planning to be full time RVers when I retire in three years..sell the house, buy a truck and 5th wheel travel trailer, and just be gypsies traveling around for a couple of years....my kids said "but Dad, you'll still have your cell phones and we can find you, right??" and I said, "yes, you can call us, but by the time you get there, we'll be gone....yeah, I know...cruel...LOL)
Actually, my wife fared very well in the endoscopy...had light anestisia (SP??) and didn't remember a thing....just woke up hungry and a little tired.

Had to go to a wake last evening....I hate those things...this one was even worse, as it was for a child/baby. A daughter of a friend of mine had a baby girl that was born with some serious birth defects (can't actually remember what it was, but was genetic)...the baby live for 2 1/2 months. Deaths are hard anyway, but this is the first time I've ever had to go to a child's wake (been very lucky...I'm 52 years old and this was the first one.....hope it's another 52 years till the next one....won't have to worry about it).

Been having a little fun with a couple of my cousins....Although they were born and raised in Massachusetts, they both moved to Florida and lived there for 15-20 years, and both have returned to live back in this "communist" State. They used to say that they would never move back here, but now, it's all praise for Mass. and everything wrong with Florida. Also, any of you that know me at all, know I hate this State (I've challenged my two cousins to come up with anything that Mass. has that's not better in Florida....except family...and I forbade them to use the "Oh, isn't the snow soooooo pretty" or "Wow, isn't the fall foliage/leaves soooooo pretty" that's enough to gag a magot...just send me a post card....lol.
I also told them that I will really really miss shoveling snow up to my armpits...and paying $800.00 to $1000.00 a month to heat my house....not to mention the "liberal" communists that live in this State (I have absolutely no use for Senators Kennedy and Kerry...my favorite communist comrades.......Taxachusetts...
OK....enough venting for now......I'll let you know if I get any good responses from the cousins...

I don't know if any of you out there are interested in RV's but I found a great site.....RV-Dreams.com The site is run by Howard and Linda who lived in Kentucky and were working in the corporate world...they decided it wasn't for them, and sold everything, bought a 5th wheel and have been traveling for almost two years now. The site has everything from what kind of RV's to buy, to financal/budget information on full time RVing, info on campgrounds, Insurance costs, which States are best to base out of...etc...I also enjoy their daily journal of their activities....also Howard is a pretty good photographer and includes a lot of his pics in the body of the journal/blog (that is what has kind of given me the idea of possibly putting some pictures in my blog here....does anyone know of or have seen anyone here using photos in their blogs...?? If not, maybe I'll have to utilize a different blog to try out the photo thing

I am looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend....been a LONG week....

Have an appointment in a couple of weeks to get my taxes done...tried today to get a 1098T (?) from the local college that my kids attend (attended)...this is a tax form that shows how much tuition and or which fees are tax decuctable....I was told that I had to get "permission" from my kids to see their financial records....had quite a battle with the bursor's office...told them that I pay the damn tuition bills...but to no avail...was told it was against federal law for them to disclose anything to me....needless to say, I got squat!!!

Another thing about New Englanders....about the most unfriendly people in the country....arrogant...rude...unfriendly....
Try driving on the roads up here...crazy, unfriendly, rude drivers...would just as soon run ya down and flip you off, as look at you.....(and why again would anyone want to live here??) But, I digress....venting again....LOL.

Well, I guess I've taken up enough space....

Be back again tomorrow for another exciting edition...


Rick




** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **


** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

© Copyright 2007 Richard Vance (UN: rickv1955 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Richard Vance has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/486825-Medical-issues-Wakes--I-hate-New-England-Club-etc