*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/486996-Saturday-Reflections
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#486996 added February 10, 2007 at 8:52am
Restrictions: None
Saturday Reflections
Yippee! My computer is back to behaving and it only cost $33 to make it behave. That's a blessing. And it's great the Incurable Romantic and I don't have to share his computer anymore. I'm sure he's pleased too.

If you have not discovered Angela's Niece needs Praye 's "Invalid Item, be sure to check it out. I'm sure she was looking for some more romantic posts than she has received. But, as TexansBeatTheMiamiDolphinsBy3 can attest, sometimes our contests take on lives of their own. *Bigsmile* Personally, I think it great that people are thinking more of the world than of themselves.

A few days ago - well, back on post #55, I think - I wrote about Valentine's Day. This morning, a few lines of poetry insisted that I write them about this topic:
 Acts of Love  (E)
Reaching out to the world shows that you love - yourself, me, and everyone.
#1215710 by Kenzie
I think it was because my son was asking me about Valentine's Day.

My son is quite the romantic. He really enjoys holidays, but he's also good about giving the rest of the year as well. A gift from him on a special occasion is something to cherish because he really takes the recipient's likes and dislikes into consideration. He also makes many of his best gifts and spends hours and hours making them. And...it isn't just on holidays that he gives, but year round. I like to think that I had something to do with that. *Bigsmile*

But I'm sure that my mother can take some of the credit for his giving habits. When he was a toddler, mom watched him a bunch and she was always making some kind of gift or writing a poem about an event that took place. Funny thing, though. Derek asked me - when he was probably in kindergarten - why his grandmother didn't make special gifts for family members. She was forever making special gifts for people she didn't even know. Friends of friends, or the kids of people with whom she worked.

A few years later, Derek asked if my mom wasn't making things for the recognition and not for the pleasure of giving. He had specifically asked Mom to make something for him that she never did make. And that bothered him. It also bothered him when met people in the grocery store or in gift store where she worked who raved about what a wonderful mother I had and how blessed I was. He thought she was so busy making the world see how special she was that she didn't have time to be a special mom or grandmother...at home.

My son. Sadly, he was always able to see and feel beyond his years.

© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/486996-Saturday-Reflections