*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/487841-Anyone-want-a-popcicle
Rated: 18+ · Book · Family · #1201314
Who am I, Where am I Going, and Where have I been? The story of my life!
#487841 added February 13, 2007 at 5:33pm
Restrictions: None
Anyone want a popcicle?
Feb 13,2007

I have a swing popcicle,  several branch and tree popcicles, wire popcicles, and even a van popcicle.  I'll gladly share...let me send 6 inches of plain snowcone ingredients to you as well.

Yes, that's right..we are in the midst of a winter storm warning.  We have ice on everything.  We have snow and ice on the ground...so thick that my 40 pound son (who is 4) can now walk on top of it!  Earlier, he fell  on it..and the only thing that went through was the toes of his boots..and his knees when he got up. 

School is closed...today and tomorrow.  My husband's boss (God bless him) called this morning to tell him not to come in.  We're not sure if anyone went in or if they, knowing he had almost an hour trip, just told him not to come in.  The county just to the north of us is under a snow emergency...we are less than a mile on 3 sides of that county..we would have to drive through it to get almost anywhere....

All in all it's been a decent day though.  We all slept in.  My beloved got some church stuff done on the computer, the kids have watched tv and played outside.  They've played on the computer.  We walked down to the mailbox (because supposedly the mail is still running)  It takes about 5 min to walk to the mailbox...not too terribly bad.  We went to put something in the mailbox to be picked up....my beloved and my children just went to check and see if we have mail...I declined the offer to go.  Big weenie I know..but it's gotten colder still.  They took the softball bats with them to hit snowballs...lol...I wish I'd known they were going to do that before I declined..but my beloved already had my jacket on under his to stay warm..I wasn't going to take it away from him.

I am grateful today for power..electricity.  Though there are many many people in Indiana without power..and even though we may yet lose our power (lots of ice on the lines) at this point we still have power.  It has flickered  a time or two...but for the most part we are dry, warm, and safe. 

I remember a time we were out of school on a snow day..years ago....the drifts were so deep we actually tunneled through them to the back yard! 

I am sure we are not alone in this ...much of the midwest has been hit to my understanding...and I know New York was supposed to get really hit. 

Stay warm, stay dry, and stay off the roads if you are in nasty weather.  Pray for those who have no power...and those who have no homes.

blessings
Vicky

© Copyright 2007 hoosiermomma2 (UN: hoosiermomma2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
hoosiermomma2 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/487841-Anyone-want-a-popcicle