*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/488013-First-Part-of-Chap-1
by Nahald
Rated: 18+ · Book · Psychology · #1217289
My number is 9423. I’m not a hero...
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#488013 added February 14, 2007 at 5:46pm
Restrictions: None
First Part of Chap 1
My Number is 9423
I’m not the anti hero, you may want to think that but try not to for all our sakes.
I once heard that to be truly evil you had to want to be. In which case I am not and can take small comfort in this, but still it nags at the back of my mind sometimes that who I am is not who any one should ever be. 
And I didn’t even have the sad and miserable childhood that so often peppers the stories of murders and others whose names live in infamy. You’d think so wouldn’t you?  So where does that leave me? Currently, a dark alley with a knife in one hand and a man’s throat in the other. Funny how these things happen.
The man I now held against the wall tried to take a breath but the hand ’round his throat just clamped down harder. “I don’t know any thing, I swear.” My right eye twitched, if the man had known what that meant he would have told me every thing he knew right down to where to find his mother.
“You’re lying, you know I really don’t like it when people lie to me; I have to work harder to do my job when they do.” The man whimpered
“I wouldn’t know a rebel if he bit me. I never…” I cut him off
“Wrong answer.” I pulled the knife across the man’s belly, not to deep, but still deep enough. I’ve been doing this a long time. “We know you’ve been to the meetings.” I said calmly over the man’s sobs “You where there when we raided the building. You slipped past and so did the one I want. Now I’m going to ask one last time, where is the one calling him self ’Draco’?”
“I-I don’t know, he never lets any of us see his face…” He managed to get out between broken sobs. It was the truth, and it didn’t help my mood. He sobbed some more, I tried to care, failed, and ripped the knife through the man’s throat, spraying blood over my face. Clearing my eyes with the back of my knife hand as I let the body fall to the ground, the blood’s tang reached my mouth through the cloth mask that covered the lower half of my face. It was as familiar as it was sickening.

Back to the car and yet another dark alley, maybe I’ll mix it up a bit and try a bar. The radio was on low, I strained to hear what song was on before deciding it was worth the effort to reach over and turn the volume up. I noticed with satisfaction that the music calmed me some, it was more the fact that I needed it that struck a cord so to speak. It was about damn time I went the way the others had. Think I’ll take out half the compound with me like that last one?
It was an over all bad idea to let someone that unstable near that much explosives . I was one of the unlucky ones who wasn’t there at the time. Shame. I scratched my left arm absently, the symbol of the snake devouring it’s tail tattooed in black hidden under the sleeve. I was running out of ideas on where to go to get what I need, God I hate nights like this.

© Copyright 2007 Nahald (UN: nahaldnin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Nahald has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/488013-First-Part-of-Chap-1