*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/488269-Women-and-Office-GermsRun-for-Clorox
by Joy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #932976
Impromptu writing, whatever comes...on writing or whatever the question of the day is.
#488269 added February 15, 2007 at 1:29pm
Restrictions: None
Women and Office Germs...Run for Clorox!
Recent news reports say that women have more germs in their offices and around their desks compared to men, but men have more germs in their wallets. (And I thought the only germs in the offices were the cranky office mates.)

The study (not too extensive) was funded by the Clorox company.

"The moldiest spot in the workers' offices was the bottom of their desk drawers, where many staffers stash food," the study says. *Laugh*

I have great respect for Clorox, but it makes me choke. Chlorine smell is not good for asthma. This study nevertheless made me give a thorough wiping to everthing with Clorox wipes, while wearing a mask. Anyone who would see me could think I was out holding up my own desk.

The reason for the germy offices is blamed on hand lotion. Since women use more hand lotion than men and women touch everything, hand lotion traps germs. Next time there's a flu or cold bug going around I am going to set up hand-lotion traps for those buggers.

The food part made me laugh. Most anyone I know snacks at their desks, even if they go out for lunch.

As to our male counterparts, you guys get ready to use discolored wallets. Your wives, girlfriends, sisters, or mothers will get you with Clorox. I am betting on that.

We are not to use soap and water. That only pushes the germs around. What it prescribed is disinfectant wipes or sprays, so people like me can be germ-free even if they choke to death.

On the other hand, I wonder if the Clorox's sales have been down. *Wink*

© Copyright 2007 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/488269-Women-and-Office-GermsRun-for-Clorox