*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/488335-Anyone-want-some-winter
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#488335 added February 15, 2007 at 11:28pm
Restrictions: None
Anyone want some winter???
Just a few short weeks ago, the temperatures were unseasonably high. In fact, even though the leaves had fallen, a bird's nest appeared in a tree in our front yard. The birds were confused, I think.

That was then. Now, it's unseasonably cold. *Cry* The sky cannot decide whether to dump rain or sleet or snow or all them. And the temperature cannot decide whether to be warm enough to melt a bit of snow or cold enough to turn everything into ice. So...it's all happening one after another. *Smile*

I hate to keep harping on this, but Punxsutawney Phil DID say that Spring would arrive early this year. Okay. I think it should start being Spring tomorrow. Who's with me on this???

*******

If you're a Christian writer or poet, here are some links. These were listed in a newsletter for poets I received today. One of the links is for a poetry contest, and one lists some Christian writing markets.

http://www.utmostchristianwriters.com/

http://www.thechristianpoet.org/

http://www.utmostchristianwriters.com/markets/wrpubs.php

*******

I wonder how people survive without the joy (???) of being a pet owner.

Our almost-year-old kitten - Opera - has only two speeds. Faster than anyone can chase her and...sound asleep fast. I wonder if that's why she doesn't gain weight. I have never seen a kitty (or puppy, for that matter) rush around the house like she does. She's smart, too. At this point, she really does know a bunch of the things that are no-no's, but she enjoys doing some of them anyway. She'll watch me to see if I'm observing her, and if I am, then she'll start her purring machine in anticipation and jump on my lap and look at me so sweet and innocently. Right. I'm supposed to fall for that? Problem is that I do.

And she is keeping our cat busy. I believe our decision to get a young buddy for Piewacket was a good one. She loves chasing around the house too, but not as much or as often. Thankfully. When they're both diving over and under everything, sometimes they knock stuff over. Pie is also good at admonishing the kitty if she catches her misbehaving. Awww.

*******

Guess I'd better think about feeding my hubby. I'll be reading some blogs later. Unless I fall asleep like I did last night - in a chair in the living room. Hubby says he talked to me and tried to get me to go to bed. But I don't remember a thing. Hmmm.



I forgot to ask... Did y'all see the accident that happened on the loop around our city? It was on all Good Morning America this morning and hubby said it was on NBC news this evening. It was the one where the cop's cruiser camera caught the Fed-Ex truck smashing into a red car. Guess it was a 7 car accident and no one seriously hurt. But that footage got lots of exposure.

© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/488335-Anyone-want-some-winter