*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/489026-I-Love-You-To-The-Moon
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#489026 added February 19, 2007 at 6:32am
Restrictions: None
I Love You To The Moon
"I love you"

"I love you more."

"I love YOU more."

"Nah ah, I love YOU more."

"I love you to the moon."

"I love you to Jupiter."

"I love you around the sun."

"I love you around the whole solar system."

"I love you around the stars."

"I love you around the universe."

"I love you around the universe times two."

"I love you around the universe times a million."

"I love you around the universe times ten billion, trillion, billion, million, trillian."

*chuckles* A conversation that happens between my daughter and I rather regularly. *grins* Isn't it amazing the unmeasurable love we can have for those special few in the world. Our children, our soul mate, or family. Love is such an immense thing that we could all love every being on this Earth and beyond and still have enough left over for ourselves. The more you love the more love there is.

My daughter and I have spent years playing this game. We can play it for quarters of an hour at a time, perhaps longer. We sometimes play it on the walk to school in the morning as we did today. At some point we both have to give in. I'd say, "Are you still arguing with me, young lady?" She would of course deny arguing and then reaffirm, "But I DO Love you MORE."

"I'm not arguing about this any more," she said to me this morning. *chuckles*

"Yay! Does that mean I win?" I replied and she rolled her eyes at me the way only a six year old can.

"No, I guess you can't measure how much I love you so you'll never understand."

*beems with pride* Ahh, out of the mouths of babes. *Smile* How true is that? Love is immeasurable and we'll never know who could love the other more but WOW, it sure makes my heart swell to argue about it. *grins* It feels amazing to be loved so much and to love in return.

Baby boy is only just beginning to talk, he still doesn't have a very good grip on language but even he'll join in our game these days. "I love you more." I'll tell him and he'll reply, "I uve oo ore." *chuckles* He'll get the hang of it eventually but it's so exciting to have him try. Especially since it's taken him so long to try and use language. He understands everything but it's wonderful to hear from the mouth of my child how much he loves me.

Every time I hear the words from the people I love, from EVERYONE I love *coughs* Trid *coughs* I feel like my capacity for love just jumped another lap around the universe. What's more is if the universe really is constantly expanding then even that keeps growing giving us all even more capacity to love.

I wish you all love, at least to the moon but hopefully a few dozen stars too. If you're as lucky as I am you'll find love that spans millenia around the universe.

© Copyright 2007 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/489026-I-Love-You-To-The-Moon