*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/489961-Thursday-22207
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1207566
Musings from my mind
#489961 added February 22, 2007 at 9:03pm
Restrictions: None
Thursday 2/22/07
Well, I think I finally solved my mysterious fish tank issue. I had a coworker come over with her husband. Husband used to manage a fish store. He took one look and said, "OH, algae bloom, easy fix." I think everyone in my state heard my sigh of relief, it was so huge. So, after hearing what they had to say, I googled it, and found the following:

"I have a rather annoying and frustrating problem with my 20 gallon tank. I have 2 goldfish, both about 1 year old. I've had the same tank for about 10 months. I moved to a different town in January and re-set up my tank. I vaccum the gravel every other week, I have a Aqua Clear Mini, and things were going fine. Well about a month ago I would vacuum the tank, so a water change and 2 days later the water was so green I couldn't even see my fish. This happened everytime I would clean it. I talked to people at the local pet store. The fish guy sold me another filter, Aqua Clear 150, now I have both filters on my tank. Didn't work. Then they sold me some "green water tabs" to dissolve in my tank. They seemed to work a little, but not enough to make a big difference, water still green. The last thing they sold me was "polyfilter" to put in my filter. Yeah, that didn't work eitehr. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. It's just awful! I can't clean my tank everyday! It's crazy! Thanks. "

"I had the same problem in my 30 gallon tank, I was told it is an alge(sp?)bloom. It usually is caused by too much light and too much food, but changing the water just makes it worse. Seems the alge likes the fresh water because it has more oxygen. I had another 10 gallon tank that never had a problem with green water until my lid broke and the new one I bought had a fluorescent light instead of an incandescent light. After about 2 weeks with the new light I started to have problems with green water for the first time in almost 2 years.I brought the new lid back and bought one with incandescent bulbs and the problem went away."

So, the light on the tank is now off. I was also told I can get this stuff called biochemzorb, and it will clear in in 24 hours or so. I'm very happy. I do like having the light on the tank on, but not if it makes the tank water green. This is very interesting to me. I've had a tank for years, years! and never had this problem before. It's cool to learn something new.

oh, btw, tomorrow's surgery. I'll probably be on in the morning, before I head out. Thank you for all the support, love and prayers you've all sent on my behalf.

My quote for today is: Reflect on your present blessings, of which every man has many; not on your past misfortunes of which all men have some.

Thanks for stopping by,
Curls

© Copyright 2007 purtycurls (UN: lmjinfla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
purtycurls has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/489961-Thursday-22207