*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/490318-Checking-yourself-out-of-rehab-in-24-hours-WTF
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #956430
Here I am!
#490318 added February 24, 2007 at 2:14pm
Restrictions: None
Checking yourself out of rehab in 24 hours? WTF?
Okay, so I don't like Britney Spears. She has the talent of an average high school chorus member, the wardrobe of a stripper, and somehow,somehow, she's considered a singer. She thinks sushi is an African food. She dislikes wearing underpants, and stopped driving with her baby on her lap only because people told her it was a really bad idea.

But my beef isn't with her. At least not this week. Brit is having a good old-fashioned nervous breakdown, and I'm not in the mood to kick her while she's down. She's taking the apropriate steps to help for herself, by checking into rehab.

THREE TIMES IN ONE WEEK! What reputable treatment facility would allow someone who has mutilated themselves(yes, cutting off all your hair in a dysfunctional emotional state is a form of mutilation), check themselves out?

Say what you want about me, I know what I'm talking about when it comes to treatment. If you're familiar with "The past two weeks, then you know I've sought help for emotional stress. I went in for treatment, and the counselers were like, "Uh-uh! You're not leaving until we decide you're not a danger to yourself." And that was that. Even if I was feeling awesome the next day, there was no way in hell they would have let me go 24 hours later. And this was some little local facility, not big name at all.

It's hard for me to feel pity for someone who's worth millions of dollars. You'd think that with all that cash, they could pay someone to do what's in their best interest. Save their life! Psychiatrists take an oath, just like any other doctor, to do whatever is neccesary to save their patients. What if Britney had OD'd the second time she got out of rehab? Would the shrinks have cared then? Or would they have just awaited the enevitable lawsuit filed by Britney's parents?

Even if it means she'll release another horrible album, and bring down the music industry down even lower than before, I'm glad Britney's still breathing. If only her doctors had the same compassion...

© Copyright 2007 EyeSingOnTheCake (UN: mayasclaw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
EyeSingOnTheCake has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/490318-Checking-yourself-out-of-rehab-in-24-hours-WTF