*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/490599-32-and-snowyrainysleetysnainy
by fyn
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1216945
For meandering thoughts, and mindful walks...
#490599 added February 25, 2007 at 7:58pm
Restrictions: None
32 and snowy/rainy/sleety...snainy?
This weekend really flew by! Ken and I had a blast today...we went out for breakfast at Cracker Barrel (a several hour process between eating and poking) Ken was very patient with me as I poked in the store part...and i got a kick out of the fact that he knew what 90% of the old tools they have hanging from the ceiling and on the walls were and what they were for! At one point he teased me saying that he was quite happy being patient with me as I poked, because it meant he got equal time at Home Depo. I decided I'd had enough poking!!!! Immediately!!! *grin*.

So off to Home Depot where we were for over two hours...looking at kitchen cabinets (he's mid remodel of the house) and picking out which wood, styles etc...he will make them himself (gotta love a guy that can do/make/create/fashion anything!) We are going with hickory for the cabinets, something called desert sahhara for the countertops...corion i think, and a blue-ish ceramic tile for the floor. Oh and we found THE COOLEST wide planked wood flooring for the living room. In the middle of all this we seem to have decided that when we do the kitchen remodel we are flip flopping what is now kitchen and dining room. Ie, the kitchen will be where the dining room is now...well, maybe, but we are considering it.

I told him that if we did move the two rooms around, we'd have lots more space and he could even have 2 junk drawers. He said he needed junk bins. We could do that I said. Then he ammended it saying what he really needed was a walk-in junk drawer. I answered that he already had one...the garage!

We giggled about that for an hour at least. Too, too funny.

Had a great c-note swap with the secretpal I'm spoiling. She and I have sooooo much in common that i can't wait for the month to be over so we can chat! Oh and I think I've made another new friend here too. She's been devouring this blog (how kewl is that!?!) and so I went and read hers. Neat. She seems like someone I'd really like to know better too.

Coffee. I need coffee!!!!

Got an email from my navy daughter. She said she'd be having a blast for the next few days and she'd fill me in afterwards. All I know is that she's generally in the area of the Sea of Japan so they could be ashore in a wide variety of places. Awfully nice to hear rom her as she's been awfully busy of late while the ship is deployed.

He just brought me coffee....didn't even ask! wow!

I need to go do a bunch of reviews for a contest I'm helping judge, and make dinner and...and...and.....


© Copyright 2007 fyn (UN: fyndorian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
fyn has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/490599-32-and-snowyrainysleetysnainy