*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/490639-Chapter-2--The-Return
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #1223929
Demons, Vampires, Love, Decite, what more could Renee ask for? maybe a normal life?
#490639 added July 3, 2008 at 5:23pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 2- The Return
I felt like a young child with her in my arms finally passed out, holding her was better than any new toy or ability I had ever acquired in my lifetime, as I held her frail body in my arms I almost wish she could be conscious as I do this, almost. How I travel, how I jump from space to space, would terrify her beyond my intentions, but like her missing memories, I could do nothing about her current need to stay ignorant. She hasn’t known for twelve years, a few more days should be ok.


I looked into her tenuous face, and remember all those nights stalking her in my own shadows, remembering the exact color of her eyes, she looks just like her mother. I stood in that dark ally way for virtually another minute, then with a leap I sped into the sky, sending everything into a black blur of nothing until I reached our destination.


I landed softly on the gravel walkway we rarely used in my household and I practically ran up to my home’s doors, as if someone was awaiting my return the doors opened abruptly, welcoming my return.


Inside, the house was quiet. My comrades were asleep, all awaiting my long needed return. So I slowly ambled my way to the spare room I had, before my reprieve, to find her, set up for her. I cautiously opened the door so that no one was disturbed by its clicks and creaks.


I entered the room, silently and placed her on the bed. I sat at the foot of the bed and for the first time in this long month I actually saw her beauty. Only after moments had passed, did I finally depart in search of someone awake, someone to share my good, no my great news with.


Walking down the many hallways in my home I at long last came to find a very sleepy Shamen. His eyes met mine, full of optimism, I nodded and he smiled in soundless congratulations.


“Stanton, you’ve returned, and with good news I presume.” He says with complete delight.
I had to clear my throat, for it had been a while since I had actually spoken.


“Yes, good news indeed. I am positive I have found her this time,” a broad smile crossed my lips, as I spoke modestly, but fondly of her “and I must say she is utterly beautiful.”


Shamen’s eyes light up with understanding as he excitedly comments “Then we have to tell the others.” I nodded.


We started walking down the corridor to bring the others my good news.
With a faint smile as I walked silently next to Shamen, thinking of my stunning discovery.
© Copyright 2008 prettypinkme (UN: prettypinkme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
prettypinkme has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/490639-Chapter-2--The-Return