*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/490678-Encouraging-In-Depth-Reviewing-Skills
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#490678 added February 26, 2007 at 6:16am
Restrictions: None
Encouraging In-Depth Reviewing Skills
I'm in a review and reward reviews fix at the moment. I stumbled across this fantastic forum ("Invalid Item) in my wanderings around this site that is focuses on reviewing as a vital element of WDC. It inspired me to really pay attention to that aspect of this site. I know for many of us the reviews we recieve are a big part of why we post here. I know for myself I wouldn't post any of my work unless I was specifically looking for reviews.

Having said that there has been a big trend in WDC towards prolific quanties of reviews versus quality. As an in-depth reviewer I always feel hard done by seeing those who slam out 250 char fluff reviews and do dozens a day forge ahead in the community recognitions and on the credited and quanitity aspects of reviewing. I mightn't write as many reviews but that's because I take the time to write long, in-depth reviews that actually help writers instead of the fluff or degredation that is pumped around in mass.

These sorts of feelings lead me to start a crusade in the hopes of encouraging those of us who do review in-depth. I don't know how much I can really help but I'd like to know that the great reviewers get the appreciation they deserve. As a start I created "Invalid Item which I now brandish about in response to any in-depth reviews I recieve as well as when rewarding reviewers via the public reviews page.

I hope that we could encourage all members to really consider the importance of taking the time to offer real feedback in their reviews. Obviously there are differing experience levels amongst reviewers but everyone can give help-filled reviews that offer writers a great wealth of information about their work. Even those who can't approach the technical aspects can express what they felt, thought, and understood. All reviewers can include their own opinions on various elements in each piece they read.

Now I'm on the hunt for fantastic, in-depth reviewers. I created "Invalid Item to showcase the reviewers I've found who consistently give wonderful reviews and have taken to port raiding this list from time to time. I'm still on the hunt for more names to add.

I'll be heaping the praise, offering various rewards and giving in-depth reviews to the people who support this writing community by giving of themselves and their time to ensure others on the site grow. In giving of ourselves we grow as well and for every great review we have the opportunity to inspire other reviewers to make more effort with their own.

Anyone interested in joining in the crusade? *grins* Any suggestions on how else we could reward the great reviewers on this site or want to share how you show your appreciation for wonderful reviews? Feel free to join us on "Invalid Item or add your two cents via my blogs comments section. I'd love to know what you think of the reviewing system on WDC, my attempts to encourage in-depth reviews, and any names you might drop that I could check out as possible adds to my list of credits.

Review on everyone!

© Copyright 2007 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/490678-Encouraging-In-Depth-Reviewing-Skills