*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/490680
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #1223929
Demons, Vampires, Love, Decite, what more could Renee ask for? maybe a normal life?
#490680 added July 4, 2008 at 5:32pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 4- Envasion
Maybe, I thought, if I could just keep her oblivious for a bit longer I could very easily sneak into her thoughts and find out what I need to know.


We sat there in silence and I slowly and carefully breathed in unison with her, I noticed that she was paying attention to everything around herself, but she was paying no mind to her personal shields, I will have to teach her about those. I maneuvered myself gently into her sub-consciousness. I found myself among worries about things a normal teenage girl would have, I dug deeper.


Her foot twitched and I felt her comfort with the warmth she felt. I held my breath metaphorically crossing my fingers in hope that she would remain ignorant to my presence in her mind, silence yet again, I pushed in deeper still. I felt and saw her fears and her hopes, I tried to get a closer look, tried to find something I could do to gain her trust but I ran out of time. Her foot had fallen asleep and she had come back to herself.


I became anxious as I retreated from her mind, fearing that she would notice me. Just as I finished exiting her psyche she looked up at me and her eyes met mine in devouring anxiety, for that slip second I forgot my shields and all I saw was her, I let myself feel that over bearing longing for her, not just because of what I had just seen but what I already knew, what I wanted to know.


A flicker of uncertainty flashed in her eyes, hoping and excited about the falter in my walls, but there was also fear and worry in her gaze as it penetrated not only my hard won barriers. She saw this and I panicked, I had just barely slipped out of her mind without her notice but I know she saw, what I had felt, I just hope she hadn’t seen the extent.

“What?” she asked as her eyes bore into mine full of hope and question, I begged myself praying her fierce stare wasn’t because of my wavering emotions.

“Nothing,” her eyes screamed ‘liar’ at me but her face was as inexpressive as I was known to keep mine, her questioning tone echoed in my brain. At last she spoke, but what she said stopped my heart.

“You didn’t rape me did you?!” I was stunned, her eyes were as clear as day as she cringed saying the words that I never expected to hear, but should have been prepared for.

“No, Renee, I did not rape you I could never hurt you.”

She looked at me and her accusing eyes pierced my unexpected self. She stood up and starting ranting.

“Why am I here then if I am not here to be your-,”

I got up and gently placed my hand over her mouth, to hush her so I could explain.

“Hush, you have no need to worry I have no intentions of harming you. You would not believe me if I told you the real reason that you are here.”

She pulled away from me and attacked me with a rigid determined look, she went off again.

“Why the hell can’t you tell me, please I don’t want anything to do with you I just want to go home.” Her shout turned into an almost mumble, she looked defeated, like she was about to cry.


I walked up to her and gently looked into her overfilling eyes, shining with tears, she blinked and they let go of her lower eyelid and slid down her cheek. I tenderly wiped away the glassy tears. She sniffled and pushed me away.

God damn cant I do anything right?!

“I don’t want your sympathy you’re the one who brought me here now tell me why!”

I took a deep breath and spoke softly,

“I can’t tell you because I am afraid that you will not believe me and that you will take me for insane, I’m not. I will tell you the real reason in time but you have to trust me.”

She stood there, in front of me, I could tell she was fighting a battle with herself. I know part of her believes me, I just hope the part that’s afraid of me doesn’t win.
© Copyright 2008 prettypinkme (UN: prettypinkme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
prettypinkme has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/490680