*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/490834-32-and-still-snowing
by fyn
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1216945
For meandering thoughts, and mindful walks...
#490834 added February 26, 2007 at 8:36pm
Restrictions: None
32 and still snowing...
Today has been a roller coaster of highs and lows. Highs were a cool shell from my still secret pal, and finally actually talking to the secret pal I've been spoiling for a month! We yacked twice over coffee today and it was great!!!! Then a book I ordered arrived in the mail by one of the authors here at WDC. It is Home of the Red Fox by J.A. Buxton. I am so excited for her that it is published!!!!

AND also in the mail were my business cards! Whooohooo!
my brand new business card for my new business!


Then....dooooowwwwwwwnnnnn we go to the low part. An item I've been bidding on in Ebay for Ken's birthday (24 photographs circa 1932 of the USS Constitution) has risen to over 130.00 effectively knocking me out of the running. He is fascinated by the USS Constitution and the pics would have made him an awesome present.

Trying for a couple of individual old photos and a piece of the mast now...but not quite the same. SIGH.......Tho the piece of the mast will be cool...ifn I get it.
Almost afraid to hope. I let my hopes get high on the collection of pics and man, I am sitting here almost in tears, I'm so bummed. I was so ttally able to blow his socksoff with last year's present (a trip in a hot air balloon) and so this year, while not trying to top that (how could I?), I'm at least trying to come up with something very special. Course, he'd be happy with a card and a hug...but to my illogical female mind, that's totally besides the point!



© Copyright 2007 fyn (UN: fyndorian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
fyn has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/490834-32-and-still-snowing