*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/490939-My-BirthdayGood-LifeJust-moving-on
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #1188034
Blog on writing; Poetry and short stories - comments, critiques et al.
#490939 added February 27, 2007 at 10:03am
Restrictions: None
My Birthday...Good Life...Just moving on...
Haven't updated my blog for several days so I figured that I'd just better get in here and "git er done.... "..lol.

Well, a few pretty good days.....I had my birthday on Sunday...born February 25th, 1955 which makes me....let's see now.....oh, yeah.....52 year young....
pretty much enjoying life...probably as happy as I have ever been in my life...I do have so much to be thanful for....a great wife that loves me and supports me (and always has...even through all the B.S. I've put her through in my life).....three great healthy kids....20, 18, and 16...they are the joy in my life.
Just took my youngest son on his "road test" at the RMV yesterday...I had taken him on Friday, and although I thought he did fantastic, the trooper failed him because he didn't perform the "three point turn" in exactly three points...however, he was driving a Nissan pickup truck...it was a snowly narrow road...he made the turn in four points...the trooper praised him for a good job...not panicing and using good judgement, and then promptly failed him......what the "F"?....(and with me being a police chief, ya think that might have pulled some weight?? nope...lol)
Anyway, he took the test yesterday (and I thought did worse than Friday) but he passed....I was so happy for him...it is traumatic to fail a drivers test at his age...I know, I failed mine the first time too.....but, that was a few years ago now...LOL.

Just finished a pretty good book entitled "Secret" (can't remember the author off hand)...was a non-fiction book basically about "manefestation" or that we ARE and GET what we think about...thoughts are things....that what we get in our lives (everything) is a direct result of what we think about (and literally bring into our lives)...one of the premises is, that no matter what we think about, we get....when we think about what we want = we get it.......when we think about what we don't want = we get it.....supposedly, thoughts can't distinguish between 'want' and "don't want"....only that on which we concentrate and think (I do know that all the golf psychologists I have read kind of say the same thing...for exampe: If you don't want your ball to go into the water or the woods...just concentrate on where you do want the ball to go...concentrate on a target....don't say "I don't want the ball to go into the water...because so as shooten, that's where it's going....and I can attest to that...LOL....anyway, I digress......)
Anyway, I do recommend the book...it's fairly short and easy read....some good advice.

Really looking forward to getting through this New England winter....it's really been a pretty mild winter and I've still paid, probably, about $3,000.00 in fuel costs already.....I'm ready for Spring and some golf....yipeeeeee.

On Sunday (My birthday...lol) my wife and I drove down to Worcester (about 40 miles or so, south) and went to a couple of RV dealerships...still looking and "dreaming" of the RV we are going to buy in a couple of years when we retire and we are able to travel and become full time RVers....We both have been doing a lot of reading and researching the internet (sites...forums...chat rooms...etc...) getting as much information as possible....getting all the info so we know enough to know exactly what we want when it comes time to buy.
We have pretty much made up our minds on a fifth wheel travel trailer and dual wheel truck to pull it, but we are still looking at some motorhomes....both have their pluses and minuses....
A fifth wheel and diesel dually...there seems to be more room in the trailer than in a motorhome (with the multiple slide outs)...fairly easy to pull with the right tow vehicle (we have been looking at the new...2008...Ford medium duty truck F450 diesel.....big truck...to the tune of about $60,000.00+..) probably the same fuel/gas usage as the motorhome...all in all....this is probably the cheaper route (the fifth wheel probably around $70k and truck $60k...so around $130,000.00.

The motorhomes that we looked at (and had what we wanted) were pretty much around $180k.....then we would have to get a "toad" or a second vehicle to tow behind, to use when we are parked (so as not to have to unhook, and drive around a 40' motorhome ) when going to the store or sightseeing. So we would definately be looking at well over $200k. The advantage of a motorhome is that it is self-contained...a passenger(s) can use the bathroom..kitchen (refrigerator)...and even a TV while driving....
There is not as much room in a motorhome (as we will be literally living in it year round), but yesterday, we did find a couple that were really nice....
I guess we'll just have to keep going on our research and, hopefully, in three years when we retire, we'll have made up our minds (based on facts)...think we might slide down to the Providence, R.I. Camping and RV show this weekend....Providence is only about an hour or so from us.....and it is fun looking at all the different units and dreaming.......lol.
Anyone have any firsthand knowlege of fifth wheel trailers or motorhomes??

Actually pretty nice weather here in New England (Massachusetts) today.....for winter, that is....probably in the high 30's...kind of partly sunny......MELT SNOW MELT....lol.....Come on, Srping......that damn Penn. groundhog had better be right about an early Spring......lol.

Well I guess I shoud get some work done today......was doing some "reviewing" of some of the writing here at WDC earlier this morning....
Also did submit my entries for the poetry leagues weekly "battles"...I would appreciate all of you going to the "poetry league" here at WDC...and then to "battles" (just go to search) and checking out my (and all of the entries) and voting for which one you think is best....
Well, Ta Ta for now........

Have a great day!!

Rick

© Copyright 2007 Richard Vance (UN: rickv1955 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Richard Vance has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/490939-My-BirthdayGood-LifeJust-moving-on