*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/490964-Know-What-Today-Is
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#490964 added February 27, 2007 at 1:05pm
Restrictions: None
Know What Today Is????????
Incurable Romantic and I have been married two years today. Wow. Sometimes it seems like it has been so much longer. Sometimes it feels like it's been just an instant. I guess that's part of getting old...or maybe it's that crazy ol' fibro fog. *Laugh*

Know where we're going out to eat? Sonic Burger. Yep, you read that right.

Back when I was a single/divorced mom in Texas, it was my birthday and a guy friend of mine asked me where I wanted to go for dinner. He lived in Houston and I was about an hour south of that. But he was willing to drive down and pick me up and take me to a nice restaurant in Houston. He felt sorry for me 'cause I lived in a town of only 25,000 instead of massive Houston. Hey! We had some nice restaurants in Lake Jackson, and towards the end of my years there, we even had quite a few national chains pop up.

But we didn't have an Arby's yet at that time, and I told my buddy that's where I really wanted to eat. I guess he thought I was kidding, because instead he took me to a fancier Thai restaurant. The foods were even hotter/spicier than Mexican or Tex-Mex foods. Wow.

Before we were ready to head on back to my small corner of the world, this friend asked me if there was anywhere else I wanted to stop or shop before going back. (Remember, he felt really sorry for me living so far away from real civilization...)

I told him that I wanted to stop at Arby's. Again, I'm sure he thought I was kidding, since we had just eaten a big meal. But I wasn't kidding. I wanted to stop at Arby's. I finally convinced him to stop and I bought a bag full of Arby's roast beef sandwiches to take home and freeze and eat at my leisure.

That incident became a barometer for the guys I dated. If said they cared but wouldn't take me to Arby's (we did later get one about 15 miles away), then that was the last date we had! *Laugh*

So...when hubby asked where I might like to eat for our anniversary (and he knows all about the Arby's story) I told him I'd like to go to Sonic.

We did have Sonic's in our little town in Texas, and I haven't been to one since I moved from there in June of 2003. I think it's about time.

Besides:

1) We don't have lots of money to spare right now on some fancy place.
2) Hubby has never been to Sonic.

We have seen Sonic ads on the TV a lot, but have never seen a Sonic near us. We figured they must be in some other part of the tri-state area - like Kentucky or Indiana. We finally got seduced by the ads and looked on the Internet and discovered that Cincinnati does have one Sonic restaurant. It's purrrrrrty far away, considering that it's a fast food joint. But, heck, what's 15-20 miles for your anniversary, right?
*Bigsmile*

***************
I have not heard any more about Angela's Niece needs Praye . I don't know whether or not the hospital was able to get her breathing on her own. Do keep her and her family in your prayers. Angela has a heart for the Lord, but her family is more apt to look at and seek out life's negatives. At least that's the impression I have gotten from her.

***************

Have you ever read any of the works of jw52130? She is a woman who is in her late 70's. I think it's admirable that she uses a computer. *Smile* I know my mom and aunts had enough trouble just learning how to email. They could have never figured out this place. But this dear lady did. I just heard from a writer on another site, where it appears that jw52130 is getting active. That means she has learned to use yet another writer's site. Way to go! She is not well (I think she's had a stroke) and just needs our prayers and encouragement... even if she sometimes doesn't use capitals or beautiful formatting. She loves God, and that's the important thing!


****************

What's up with this? For some reason, a Flintstone episode just popped into my head. Betty and Barny Rubble were singing "Happy Anniversary" to Wilma and Fred Flintstone. I can even remember the tune. How weird is that????

© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/490964-Know-What-Today-Is