*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/491358
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #1223929
Demons, Vampires, Love, Decite, what more could Renee ask for? maybe a normal life?
#491358 added February 28, 2007 at 10:38pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 7- The Meeting
“Come on you get to meet everyone.” He held out his hand as I noticed that his eyes seemed to sparkle every time they looked at me. It was weird to think that someone like him, him probably being in his twenties, could or would ever take an interest in me.

I felt in a way special and for once I wasn’t filed with dread or hopelessness, but I had hope and I was confident, at lest as much as someone like me could be.

Stanton got off the bed and took my hand. He took us through what looked like, to me at lest, one big maze that I’m going to get lost in, ‘good thing I didn’t try to run away, I probably would have just ended back were I started, or worse lost until someone found me, furious and mean.’

Stanton looked at me and smiled, he knew what I was thinking. Finally we came to a large door and I felt like I was about to feel like I was all alone, one person who doesn’t know anyone, in a room filled to the brim.

Stanton opened the door and the voices I heard stopped and the about seven or eight people in the room looked at me. I froze. Stanton continues to walk into this, quickly shrinking, room. I start to feel Claustrophobic.

“Looks like Stanton’s found himself another doll to Barbie up.” I heard a cold but somewhat familiar voice, I turned around pulling Stanton with me.

Before me I saw a man much like Stanton in appearance, except he had short black hair and green eyes, but there was something about him, maybe it was just the way that Stanton was glaring at him that tipped me off that he wasn’t very welcome here. I had a strange twinge in the back of my mind that I had met him once before, not for pleasantries I guessed.

‘Ill have you, despite Stanton’s threats, again you will be mine, one-way or another.’ The words echoed in my mind, I looked at him sharply and he flashed me a devil’s smile, I squeezed Stanton’s hand harshly, as Stanton’s face curled into a wince of pain, the man’s face turned into a beam of self-assurance.

“Alex,” Stanton’s voice was low and intimidating, his breathing was labored as if he was fighting physically, yet he was only battling with his mind. “What are you doing here? I thought I told you to leave for good.” Stanton growled his last few words, still glaring at Alex.

“Stanton, don’t be mad at him it was me,” a man shorter then Stanton stepped up to take blame, Stanton turned around and looked the man in the eye aggressively, “I, told him to come.” The man stammered to speak, apparently Stanton is the man with the last word here. This man had a look of sever discomfort on his face obviously worried for what his actions would lead him to get, “We have all been looking for her and you know how dedicated we all are.” the man put his hand on Stanton’s shoulder.

Stanton’s face grew hard and full of white-hot anger he pulled the man closer to him and spat,
“He was never as dedicated to finding her as we were Draven, and you know that. He,” Stanton pointed an angry finger at Alex, “wanted her for himself, he wanted to be the most powerful, he,” Stanton’s eyes looked at me full of painful sorrow, still holding my hand tightly, he continued quieter, “wanted to take what was rightfully Renee’s away from her.”

Draven’s face lost its aggression his amber eyes became soft and he ran his hand through his dyed black Mohawk. Draven moved closer to Stanton as they talked trough their own minds. Stanton pulled away and looked at me his eyes now full of contemplation and thought.

“Stanton, what are you talking about, I’m not some kind of goddess what would anybody want with me, I’ve never even had a boyfriend.” The last part I muttered under my breath so hopefully he wouldn’t here me.

He leaned into my head and whispered,
“You could be a goddess to someone,” his voice wavered and tried hard to conceal his own feelings, I had yet to sort out for myself, “but you don’t want that someone to be Alex, no, to him your much more than that, in a bad way. What you are to Alex isn’t bad, but if he had control over you it could be the end of you.”

He pulled away from me slowly his eyes full of pain and fear as if the worry of what Alex could do to me scared Stanton to the point of actually showing it, which actually scared me, either whatever Alex is capable of is so unimaginably horrible or Stanton’s feelings of passion and affection are actually directed at me. But I had a vehement anticipation it is both.

© Copyright 2007 prettypinkme (UN: prettypinkme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
prettypinkme has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/491358