*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/491575-chapter-Three
Rated: 13+ · Book · Supernatural · #1176413
One terrible secret, one that would change and haunt me for the rest of my life. R&R
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#491575 added March 1, 2007 at 7:13pm
Restrictions: None
~chapter Three~
There she was, Victoria. Her back was turned to me, and other then her white blond hair; I had no other way of confirming whether or not that that actually was Victoria. But I had a feeling that it was her. She was just standing there and when I called out to her she didn’t respond. I started to walk forward, but after the second step I froze. I felt as if some one were watching me, my fingers were cold and goose bumps began to rise along my skin as I gave an involuntary shudder. I slowly turned my head back around and was met with a gush of air that seemed to explode out of nowhere. My hair whipped around my face temporarily blinding me; I could hear voices . . . voices all around me – whispering, calling my name. The voices from my dream! I was scared and I jerked myself around to see where Victoria was – the voices were picking up in volume until it was an inescapable roar. She was facing me now, staring at me with those strange piercing blue eyes of hers, a stoic expression on her face. The voices were getting louder now and I had to clap my hands over my ears in a frail attempt to keep them out.

“Victoria!” I screamed, though my voice was drowned out.
“Victoria!” Her expression was changing, her lips slowly curving up into a small unnerving smile. The voices - which had been steadily growing louder and louder – ceased and an eerie silence that frightened me even more then the noise, came on. She was still just standing there, smiling. I wanted to start crying but I didn’t – I couldn’t move. I wanted to ask her why she was here but I couldn’t bring myself to break the quiet. Finally after what seemed like hours, she spoke.

“We’ve found you. . .” She had whispered, only it wasn’t only her who had whispered. It was everyone, all those voices that had been here earlier were in her voice, molded to fit and come from one mouth.

I woke with a start and wiped at the sweat starting to trickle down my forehead. The soft sounds of Melissa and Heather’s snores filled the room and when I glanced at my alarm clock I realized it was only Three O’clock am. I should’ve gone back to sleep but I found I couldn’t, I was wide awake and I didn’t dare go back to sleep for fear of seeing It again or even worse, I’d have to face Victoria. That was what I’d started to secretly call it in my mind. The thing from my dreams was nicknamed It for I didn’t know what else to call it.



.::twilight*starlight::.
© Copyright 2007 ~twilight*starlight~ (UN: twi_star-light at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
~twilight*starlight~ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/491575-chapter-Three