*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/492030-How-to-tell-Spring-has-arrived-in-North-Dakota
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#492030 added March 3, 2007 at 11:50am
Restrictions: None
How to tell Spring has arrived in North Dakota
Well that was a waste of 45 minutes.

Yep, everyone arrived at 4pm yesterday to discuss who would pay our bill. Long story short, each landowner stubbornly refused to pay saying that the problem wasn't their fault.

And they are right. Everyone acted in good faith. It was a matter of perpetuating original assumptions - however incorrect. As it sits, we have a plat that won't be filed (hence the problem will not be fixed) until our bill is paid.

There's talk of lawyers now.

Whoopee.

The only upside of this entire thing, is we are merely the interested third party. We have no liability, only a bill that needs to be paid.

*Sigh* There are some projects that I so badly want to go away, and this is one of them. The solution is so very simple, yet everyone is holding their principles higher than their own frustrations. I tell ya, I'm tempted to pay the damn bill myself just to get it done and over! I got better things to do with my time and energy.

Guess what?!

Spring is here!

And I have proof!

** Image ID #1226622 Unavailable **
This is my Jeep at 5pm after work yesterday. The drift is about 1.5 - 2 feet deep and another 6 inches covered the hood.

** Image ID #1226625 Unavailable **
I took this this morning outside our front door. The buried trees are about 4' tall.

I see you scratching your head. How does all that snow and subsequent drifting from 30-40 mph winds convey to me Spring has arrived?

Simple. We get most of our snowfall from March-April.

Plus the songbirds have been back for about three weeks, with more returning every day. I also heard my first woodpecker of the year on Monday. To me, there's no better way of waking up in the morning than birdsong! Beats a screeching alarm clock any day.

Have you ever created something, either by writing, art, or other hobby and think, "Wow, did that turn out good"?

I created a sig mrziggles won in pencilsoverpens 's auction. It took me a while, but I finally came up with this:

** Image ID #1226618 Unavailable **

Neat, huh? It was a lot of fun to create, because firstly it was such a challenge. I tried three different programs and none of them turned out the way I envisioned. I finally started playing with my Corel Photo Paint, using many of the features I had no idea existed.

I know there's more to the program, lots more, but until someone else challenges me to create a sig beyond clipart, I may never know. I need ideas before I know how to proceed, and I'm not full of graphic ideas.

So shameless plug here, folks. If you'd like a sig, post in my forum
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1121385 by Not Available.

You can also check out other sigs I've created in
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1122342 by Not Available.


Hope you are having a great weekend!

© Copyright 2007 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/492030-How-to-tell-Spring-has-arrived-in-North-Dakota