*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/492113-Saturday-Sludge
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#492113 added March 3, 2007 at 4:16pm
Restrictions: None
Saturday Sludge
Well, not really. I just hate having the same blog titles over and over again. Wanted something different and something that would get your attention. *Bigsmile* Did it work?

Great news! Angela's Niece needs Praye is back from the hospital. She's already been online today. Said she actually flatlined twice in the hospital. I told her that God must still have some jobs for her. Mosey on over to her port and tell her howdy, won't you?


Don't you just love my word choices today? Sludge. Mosey. Wonder what else will sneak out, going from brain to fingers to page. Guess we'll see.

Strange weather again. Weather folks said that we would have - maybe - some snow flurries today on and off. Well...we have had some snow flurries on and off, that's true. But we have also had a few short snow blizzards. At least that's what I'd call them. You know, when the snow is coming so fast and furiously that you can't see but a few feet in front of you? That kind. Fortunately, it's too warm for it to start piling up. And it hasn't lasted long.

*********

How about a few cat/kitty stories? Opera still isn't gaining weight. I probably already shared this, but the vet said the next tests would have to be for her thyroid. Yippe skippy. I surely hope we haven't gotten ourselves a cat that will need constant meds. Hubby and I have enough trouble keeping up with our medical stuff.

Anyway, she's cute, but she's one wild kitty. She runs all over the house, plays constantly. Sneaks up on the table or one of our desks and knocks pens and pencils on the floor so she can play with them.

Yesterday she really had me going. I don't get angry very easy, but... I had a pile of newspapers by the door waiting to out to the recycle bin outside. She decided that looked too inviting to pass up, so while I was making a pit stop, she scattered them all over the place near the front door.

I piled them up again, and of course that made her even more determined to play with them. It became our game of the day. She tried to scatter newspapers while watching me, then when I reached for the water sqirt bottle that I use for training purposes, she scurried out of range. Then when I was occupied with something, she'd start all over again. Last night when hubby came home, he took that temptation to the recycle bin.

Today, Opera decided that a box in my closet looked rather inviting. So she proceeded to start emptying it a bit. Soon she had "important papers" on the closet floor - a car title, financial records, those kinds of important papers. She lay in the box looking up at us so innocently. I did take a picture of her there before I chased her out of the box and put the papers back in the box. Gee whiz.

Both cats have been having fun with a regular paper grocery bag this afternoon. We got it at a church rummage sale. This was the second day of the sale and it only cost $3 for anything and everything you could shove into a bag. That was fun. We got some things for Tiff (she's here for the weekend), some for me and some for hubby. Plus we all got a couple of old record albumns. That was fun. The cats got the empty paper bag and they're just loving it.

*********

My mom's birthday is Monday. She'll be 78. I sent her a card, but I doubt she'll remember that or even that it's her birthday. Then again, if she does remember that I wonder if she'll remember that exactly 7 days later was Mom and Dad's anniversary. I guess they waited until she turned 21 to get married. *Smile* That was a tradition in my family - Mom's side - for years. All of cousins got married at 21. I did too. I think maybe the next 2 younger cousins did too. Then the tradition stopped. My brother was quite a bit older than that when he married, and my baby sister was still a teen. So much for tradition.

**********

Hubby and I are finally - really - going to Texas to get the rest of my stuff out of storage. We'll probably early Monday, March 19. He has to be back at work the next week, so we won't be doing much site seeing on the way down or back.

Every solution we considered was costly. We thought about flying down and driving a moving truck. Both of those cost way too much when it's just one way. We've decided to just drive down. Who knows what shape my "stuff" (and my son's) is in since it's been in storage since...June, 2003!. Lake Jackson, TX doesn't usually flood, but it did either last year or the year before. And just being Texas, I'm sure the boxes are full of roaches now, since they've been ignored for almost 4 years. There may not be anyting of value left. *Bigsmile* If there is, we're going to ship some back and load up the car with some. Maybe get one of those roof-top carriers if we need it.

Sorting through the stuff will probably take us 2 days. Then we have to drive on back.

We'll probably be staying at my sister's house while we're there. She very kindly offered it, even if she's out of town. That will, at least, save a few nights of motel costs.

**********

Hey, I heard that our buddy, Budroe turned yellow. I guess I'll mosey (there goes that word again) over to his port to see how he looks in yellow.

Oh yeah, did I tell you? I got 100% on his music trivia quiz. I think it was about my 4th try, though.

Later gators. *Heart*

© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/492113-Saturday-Sludge