*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/492292-Huarache-sandals-too
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#492292 added March 5, 2007 at 3:49pm
Restrictions: None
Huarache sandals too
I just want to rant a minute about shoes. Huarache sandals, to be exact.

I have rather ugly toes and when I lived in warm climate and everyone was showing their tootsies, I had to find shoes or sandals that would be cool while not focusing on my ugly toes. I have a few pairs of...what do they call them?...maybe fishermen sandals? They cover the big toes.

Then one day back in about...oh, maybe 1990, I discovered what Payless Shoe Store called huarache sandals. They were fantastic. Just what I needed to keep my feel cool and my toes covered. The first pair I bought was on sale for 5 bucks. Couldn't beat that. Cheap shoes don't last a long time. So? I purchased the same pair of sandals once a year from 1990 to 2003 when I moved to Michigan. Those sandals I bought in 2003 are rather shabby by now. I only wear them around the house as comfy slippers.

Anyway, I decided to see if the Payless site still showed these sandals, and sadly, they do not.

When I Googled "huarache sandals" and came across a picture that was probably what the real huaraches looked like back when that song was on the radio. You know the one? Was it the Beach Boys? I forget and the only words that pop into my head are, "huarache sandals too..." Back when I was listing to that song 1) I had no idea what the words were saying
and 2) even if I had known, I didn't have a clue what those sandals were. They were rather ugly, I suppose, not at all like my huarache sandals from Payless.

Continuing on in my huarache search I discovered that everyone is calling their shoes by this name. Really. There are 3 inch heels with this name. And there are Nike tennies with this name. What's up with that?

© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/492292-Huarache-sandals-too