*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/492963-Speaking-of-surrealistic-dreams
Rated: 13+ · Book · Mystery · #1222498
A place for random thoughts, ideas, and fun!
#492963 added March 6, 2007 at 3:13pm
Restrictions: None
Speaking of surrealistic dreams
Really . . . I was.  About a week ago.  Go back and check!  *Wink*

The other evening, my husband and I watched The Science of Sleep.  I was so excited when I heard about this film.  I've had incredibly bizarre dreams for as long as I can recall, so seeing a film with someone else's vision of what dreams look like sounded fascinating.

The film really stretched the boundaries of reality.  The main character is often unaware of whether he's awake or asleep.  His mother maintains that he's always inverted his dreams and his reality.  But when the two worlds begin to blend together, and his dream world and reality become intertwined, he finds himself struggling to cope.  How do you interact with someone, if you're unsure of whether your last dramatic encounter was real or dreamed?  How do you function in the world if you think you ARE, only to wake up and find that you're NOT? 

I don't think the film is for everyone, but if your dream life is as vivid as your waking life, and you carry your dreams with you as you go about your day, you might enjoy this glimpse into The Science of Sleep.

© Copyright 2007 Merry Mumsy (UN: amygdalia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Merry Mumsy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/492963-Speaking-of-surrealistic-dreams