*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/493372-Sharing-God
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#493372 added March 8, 2007 at 10:54am
Restrictions: None
Sharing God
If you have never visited "Invalid Item, perhaps now is the time. *Smile* I admit, we don't often have a real give and take there. And sometimes it gets rather tiring answering the same questions over and over again. (Accusations, often.) But at least once a week, I feel a nudge to go there. This morning, I didn't have any questions to pose for our Muslim friends on the forum. Nor did I have any answers. But I did feel like I needed to share. Here's what I posted there:

I was just feeling so loved and cared for and at peace that I just wanted to share some of that. I hope that's okay.

Today I discovered that Crosswalk.com has been changed, reorganized, and enlarged. It's a great place of reference to find out about God and about Jesus. It also has a place for searching the Bible - with many translations.

This morning the devotional there used these verses:
2 Corinthians 1:3-4 NIV "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God."

I wish that everyone in the world could come to know my God, this God. Why would I ever want to trade my God who gives me hugs and holds me when I need to be held, for one for whom I have to prove myself day after day after day. I know that I am not worthy - alone, that is. But Jesus made me worthy. He made me whole.

And because I don't have to prove myself worthy day after day after day, because I don't have to prove anything, I want to show my love - to God, to my neighbor, to the world. I want to share the peace, the joy, the love that surrounds me and engulfs me each and every day.

Even as I write these words, tears of joy trickle down my cheek. Thank you, Father God, for giving me such joy and peace and love this morning. You always know when I need it most.

© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/493372-Sharing-God