*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/493712-Give-a-Little-Whistle
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#493712 added May 6, 2014 at 3:50am
Restrictions: None
Give a Little Whistle
Friday = Get up too early *Yawn* - feed the birds - rescue stray worms - go to the gym - phone la la land - eat lunch - clean the bog - catch up on WDC.

Time to go out to dinner now as hubby's just returned from taking the twin stepgrandson's home. I can predict his arrival by the whistling from outside before he even reaches the front door. He's always whistling, usually some irritating, barely recognisable country song. My brother-in-law also whistles constantly and my dad must be the champion of the tuneless whistle.

Why DO men whistle all the time? In this instance it's certainly not because he's feeling happy. That would require a miracle and they don't happen around here too often, especially on Fridays.

We all know the reason they wolf whistle at wimmins and I can understand that. Isn't it a shame when we ladies are young and pretty we stick our noses in the air and snub our whistling admirers? I can't remember the last time a man wolf whistled at me. *Cry* I thought my luck had changed the other week when I heard a wolf whistle as I was walking down the street. I looked around and there were no other wimmins about, but I did notice a parrot in a cage over someone's open door. *Rolleyes*

We all know why men whistle on the toilet too - so they remember which end to wipe. *Laugh* But why they walk around whistling is a mystery to me. Maybe they don't feel comfortable if things are too quiet and they whistle to break the silence? Sort of a really cheap iPod replacement.

Anyway, not a very exciting day but I've had three lovely surprises this week. First a parcel full of brilliant goodies from the lovely Startiara Secondly, if you look *Up* you'll see my blog has a new perkle ribbon kindly donated by our fabulous zwisis Thank you both so much for your kindness. Lastly my blue dress arrived from ebay and for what it cost, I'm very pleased. So, reasons to be cheerful - one, two, three.

All I need now is the weather to wear it - I nearly turned blue having this photograph taken. You did ask to see it but if you don't like the dress then you can go whistle. lol






© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/493712-Give-a-Little-Whistle