*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/493827-Friday-Frisbofinafripradoozles
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#493827 added March 9, 2007 at 11:33pm
Restrictions: None
Friday Frisbofinafripradoozles
*Laugh*I don't know. I was looking for a word beginning with "f" for my Friday title. Nothing seemed funny or unique enough. So, I made up my own word. Like it?

I was going to call it...family speak. Hubby wanted me to mention some of the weird family sayings that he's discovered that my family uses. I already had one entry about some of them. Umquie (my brother's word for water) and azoo (his word for another). Aaayeeee (my sister's answer to what time is it - when she was just a toddler and unable to read time).

Some of my cousins said, "I can't want to" instead of "I don't want to." And...well hubby and I talked of another one, but I can't remember. Maybe he'll leave a comment here to jog my memory. *Smile*

Hint to hubby: It was not one of my dyslexic mouth utterings - like, "That's very not nice." *Laugh*

Anyway...

Do you know a young writer - age 8 to 18? Here's a contest just for them. The young writer has to write about a 50 year old who is not his/her parent. (The 50 year old can be a grandparent, aunt, uncle, friend, mentor.) The deadline is March 31, 2007. Here's the link for more information:
https://http//www.legacyproject.org/contests/ltalrules.html

Hey! The temperature reached almost 60 today. I still don't understand how the temperatures work here. I mean the highs for the day. The other places where I have lived - PA, MI, MO, FL and TX - have the high temperature in the middle of the day, somewhere between noon and 3 or 4 p.m. Here in Cincinnati, the high temperatue is usually between 5 and 6 p.m. What's up with that?

Sadly, it should go back down into the low 30's tonight again. But it surely was nice this afternoon.

My car's heater doesn't work very well, so my car never really gets warm. Just mildly warm, not like other cars....like hubby's for instance. Of course, he doesn't like or need the warm. One day when were getting ready to go somewhere....maybe for our anniversary dinner....I discovered that he had his car heater turned to the blue side (AC!) instead of the red side (heat). Yikes.

I forgot that my air conditioning doesn't work at all. I commented about that to my son as I was driving him to work. Something like, "Pretty soon we'll be complaining that the a/c doesn't work."

His response? "No we won't. We both can handle heat more than cold. Remember? There were how many days in a row - 18 - of over 100 degrees in Texas without a/c in the car? And we survived."

He's right. My car's air conditioning quit in June, 2003. I guess we've survived so far. But boy...I hope we can get the heater working better before next winter.


I've been searching and searching for something I wrote to my mom at the end of 2001. I ran across it - on my computer - a few weeks ago and thought, "I should copy this or print it out, 'cause I'll never remember where this if filed." I was right. I don't remember and I tried searching myself and getting the computer to search, to no avail. Grrr.

But, the good thing is that in my searching I found a few other things I had written and forgotten all about.

Plus...

I found this quote from Erma Bombeck, "My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first, hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint."
I wish I had written that one!*Laugh* I always loved Erma Bombeck. Loved her sense of humor and wished I could be like her. She is missed...


© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/493827-Friday-Frisbofinafripradoozles